problems upgrading my current MYOB file from version 19.15 to 2019.2.

Contributing User Gate12
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

problems upgrading my current MYOB file from version 19.15 to 2019.2.

Hi,

I am having problems upgrading my current MYOB file from version 19.15 to 2019.2.

I have installed the AccountRight 2019.2 software. I have also have a current subscription for MYOB which I can access, however I can’t seem to update the file.

I click on the new software 2019.2 and comes up with a menu so I click on upgrade company file. I upload the current file (from V19.15) press continue and log into my account. I press upload and then subscribe and when it does the update I can’t get passed this part – nothing happens. See pic.

What am I doing wrong and how can I upgrade my file from 19.15 to 2019.2??IMG_0046.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Re: problems upgrading my current MYOB file from version 19.15 to 2019.2.

Hello @Gate12 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forums and thank you for bringing your enquiry to the boards and social media.  I hope you will find them to be a great asset and space of shared knowledge.

With regards to your message this Help article FAQ “Why am I being asked to Modify or Uninstall”  explains why you are seeing this message.

You can click close on this message and access the software from your desktop start menu.  It appears if you’ve already installed the latest version of the software.  Do make sure you are opening 2019.2 and not older versions.

Hope that helps!  If you would like to mark this post as a solution, it would go a long way to helping others find the information easier as well.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User Gate12
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much.

I have clicked close on this message and have accessd the software from my desktop start menu. This is what happens when I do that. All I want to do is upgrade my file so I can be STP compliant and can't seem to do this.

When I get this message I have been going to upgrade and cant seem to get further than that.

ThanksIMG_0046.jpg

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Gate12 

Thank you for your further explanation and screenshot and patience in this, much appreciated.  I think I can see where this might possibly be causing confusion. 

Can I safely assume that the Upload process that you described in your first post “I press upload and then subscribe and when it does…” was successfully completed through to closing out the window?  If this is not the case, I apologise for misunderstanding you.

If you click to Open, rather than Upgrade you can click to the cloud (Online) tab located beneath "My Library" and you will be prompted again to login.  Is there a file listed in the “Company Files online” area?  If not, this would indicate that you have not yet sucessfully uploaded your 19.15 file to the cloud. 

Online.png

If you have only recently uploaded your version 19.15 file to the cloud it may take some time to complete but you will receive a notification via email when this is completed.  Please note, depending on the complexity of the file this process can take in excess of a day.

This link Upgrade to the new AccountRight includes a video that you can refer to if you to better visualize the navigation areas.

Do let me know if that has been of use to your situation, or if there is any further complication.  If this proved helpful in addressing your concerns, please mark this post as a solution for the benefit of the wider community.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User Gate12
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for replying. 

The upload process was not successful through closing the window. 

I have opened rather than upgrade and there is no file showing in my library.

I watched the video of the file being uploaded however I get a message that the video doesnt show. I have included pics to try and help explain what is going on.

Upload 1.jpgUpload 2.jpgUpload 3.jpg 

I cant get passed this section and dont know why this is happening. Where do I go from here? Our subscription is till Feb 2020 (we paid yearly) so I dont understand why I cant get passsed this section. Why is it telling me to subscribe? 

Contributing User Gate12
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I was having a look at my subscription and have activated something to do with online and my MYOB file has been successfully uploaded.

Guessing I will just have to wait until it appears in the Library section?

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Gate12 

Glad to hear that you have managed to successfully upload your file after activating your subscription.

Thank you for that additional information and the update on your progress.

Looking at your last post, it is likely that the subscription recognition was the cause for the error “AccountRight Live Subscription Required”, and now that you have uploaded, you can expect an email when the file upgrade process is completed.

Do let us know how it goes, and feel free to use the forums again to reach out to the community if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User Gate12
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks for your help.

I have been sent the file via email and all is working. 

Thanks again

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Gate12 

My pleasure!  I understand these sorts of things can be an additional unwanted cause of frustration, all the moreso when EOFY is approaching.  I'm happy we have been able to help you figure out what the problem was so you could get back to things

Feel free to reach out to us on the forums again in the future should you require anything,

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post