MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,501Solutions

Re: switch user

Hi @TommoG 

Assuming that no-one had access to the User Access window it would assume that no user is marked as the company file Administrator within the company file, which while possible is very unlikely as the system will now prevent that from occurring.

In terms of actually removing single sign-on for an AccountRight Live login and company file user this is not something that we currently have the tools of doing. However, the below process would be the only way I could think of  getting around that exact situation what you are describing and allowing the company file sign-on window to appear so you can log into the company file as the company file Administrator to the company file:

Note: The below process assumes you are the AccountRight Live Owner of the serial number of that file. And you know the Administrator user (or another user ID and password of that file that has user access edit abilities).

1. Navigate to your my.MYOB account directly
  2. Choose My Account>>Manage AccountRight Live
  3. Select to invite a new user to the file - ensure that you do use an email address that is not already invited
  4. Get the owner of that invited email address to accept the invitation
  5. Once done, you would be able to log into AccountRight using that newly invited email address and password. As that email address, you would not have had their my.MYOB account associated with a User ID upon login you will encounter the company file sign on option
  6. Sign into the company file as the Administrator user
  7. Navigate to Setup>>User Access
  8. Update the user access of the required users and other information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Tried doing this but doesnt't allow, says ask your aministrator.

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven we are now tantalisingly close I have sent the invitation but when I accept the invitation and fill in the name and pass word fields I click next and after many attempts just get "This invitation can’t be accepted at this time. Contact the person who sent you the invitation." I have contacted myself and am still no wiser. Any suggestions as to what I may have omitted? Yes I have resent the invitation and tried through that invitation email with same result.

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Thank you Thank you just got an email to confirm acceptance and now have access well done Steven much appreciated

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good for you I am having the same trouble did you just keep persisting

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

yes Miltan I tried and tried for over an hour to get it to accept my acceptance of the invitation then a couple of hours after I had given up on it an email came through that it was done and I now have full access so I will modify some of the settings to hopefully avoid this situation again. Good luck with yours cheers.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Yes , it cleared for me as well,was certainly a concern  Thanks for the reply

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post