upgrade an .MYO file from 2018 to Accountright 2019.4.0

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
karenf1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

upgrade an .MYO file from 2018 to Accountright 2019.4.0

we are currently using AccountRight 2019.4.0 but need to open an old file from 2018 with an MYO extension.

How do i upgrade the old file to our current version?

Hope someone can assist

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: upgrade an .MYO file from 2018 to Accountright 2019.4.0

Hi @karenf1 

Generally speaking, there are two options available to you, I've listed them below for you:

Option 1: Download and install the AccountRight v19 and open the myo file in that version of the program - see our Products Downloads page if you require an installer for an AccountRight Classic range.

Option 2: Upgrade that myo file to your AccountRight 2019 version. You most likely want to upgrade that file locally and rename that file prior to that migration as not to impact the current file. Our Help Article: Upgrade without putting your company file online would be able to assist with that upgrade of the file locally.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

karenf1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thank you Steven worked perfectly.

Have another question if that is OK?

we have 5 company files - all in My Library.  How do i change the location of the data files to be a network drive?

i would like the data files to be backed up each evening.

Hope you can assist again!

Sincerely

kjaren 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @karenf1 

Terrific, great to hear that one of the options worked for you.

In terms of company files storage, AccountRight company files (myox) are stored in a library be it a local library on your computer, an online library you store the file in the cloud or a network library another computer.

Most clients that use their company file locally will have their company file stored in the Documents>>MYOB>>My AccountRight Files folder which would be their library location. There is a tool that is installed when you install AccountRight, called the Set Library Location tool. This particular tool allows the user to change their library location on their computer to be a different location. Note: The location does need to be available on a local drive in relation to that computer.

Help Article: Manage libraries has more information on libraries. It does also contain information on how to access and use the Set Library Location tool.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post