A bank feed is not associated

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

A bank feed is not associated

Hi there

I keep getting the warning that bank feed is not associated.  I have reviewed some other posts of people who have had similar problems but this does not seem to be my issue.  I have linked 4 accounts they all look correct and two credit cards.  I have one awaiting appoval and one I cancelled as i made in error.

The second issue is that Some of the bank feed information does come through but some seems to be missing -  should it show you the entire month or will it only do a certain amount of days? 

Any assistance would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super Partner
236 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

236Posts

314Kudos

46Solutions

Re: A bank feed is not associated

Hi @Roybyn

There is a known issue where an error message will appear each time you go into the BankFeeds screen if there has been a cancelled feed in the data file.

BankFeeds are apparently aware of the issue but currently there is no solution other than just ignoring it and click through. You should still be able to access the feeds without issue.

Kind Regards

Samuel Burmeister
Tall Books - Certified MYOB Partner
Training, Set-up & Small Business Bookkeeping
info@tallbooks.com.au
www.tallbooks.com.au
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,706 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,706Posts

1,509Kudos

1,795Solutions

Re: A bank feed is not associated

Hi @Roybyn

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Great to see @TallBooks has offered some input on this, I do hope you found it helpful.

One workaround that you may want to use instead of just clicking through and ignoring the message is to create a fake bank account or credit card with an account number that won’t impact your normal account list, such as 9999.

Once the bank account has been created then you can associate it to the cancelled bank feed. As there won’t be any transactions with this fake bank account there won’t be any matches created if any information comes through from the bank feed. You can also avoid the fake account appearing in transactional windows by marking it as Inactive from the Accounts List.

In regards to your second issue, when a bank feed comes through it brings through information that has been loaded at the bank but hasn’t come through previously. So, if you only get the bank feeds information once a week then the transactions that come through will be since the last time you brought the bank feeds through a week ago. The same would be true if you brought the bank feeds through on a daily basis.

There are also some banks/accounts which only load information on a weekly or monthly basis. Our help article, About bank feeds does have information about the bank feeds frequency from the different banks.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post