ACCOUNTS LIST ISSUE TOTALS WONT ADD UP CORRECTLY

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
UniRine
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ACCOUNTS LIST ISSUE TOTALS WONT ADD UP CORRECTLY

Hi

We run a large inventory for a Workwear Company 

I have read a few posts on Accounts Lists wont Sub total correctly. I have had a major issue with this, the totals are always going in and out of Minus to large figures for some reason. I have also noticed Our Leave entitelments that have been entered on a payslip change as well. I'm thinking our Myob File Maybe Corrupt, Can you please advise?

5 REPLIES 5
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: ACCOUNTS LIST ISSUE TOTALS WONT ADD UP CORRECTLY

Hello @UniRine 

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Could you please confirm that this is happening in one of your Header Accounts, and is it just one or many? If this is the case, please give the following troubleshooting steps a try, as this can sometimes refresh the Header Account figures when they show incorrectly. 

Essentially, you will be moving the detail account(s) up and back down in the accounts list to refresh the header account total.

• In the Accounts List window, click to highlight a Detail Account below the Header Account with the incorrect balance (you can only move one at a time).
  • Click the 'Up' button to change the hierarchy of the Detail Account. This will move the Detail Account to not be under the Header Account.

Once the Detail Account has been moved, it should no longer be totaled in the Header Account. Repeat this for all Detail Accounts under the incorrect Header Account. 

• Check the Header account balance; at this point it should be incorrect
  • Move the Detail Account(s) back down under the Header Account and check the balance again. If this troubleshooting has worked, the balance should now be correct.

If the balance is still incorrect, that would indicate the file does need to come in for repair. Please take screenshots of the above process as you are doing it, as they will assist greatly if the file does need to be repaired. An image of the incorrect balance before the above steps, once the Detail Account(s) were moved, and a third screenshot indicating the balance is still incorrect after the Detail Account(s) were moved back would be ideal. 

As to the Leave Entitlements issue, could you provide a few more details there? Has this recently started happening and is it for one or all employees? I would begin by checking the Entitlements in the Pay History of the employee card to ensure that nothing has been changed there in error, as this is where the figures would be pulled from for the payslips.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

UniRine
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Emily_B  Thanks for your reply

Can i send my screen shots to you in a private message? ( I will try)

Myob 1 - was the first shot before I moved anything(high lighted account Bisley is a Minus an is incorrect as well)

Myob 1 2 - was the first move

Myob 1 3- was after they were all moved and the header account is now even more a minus

Myob 1 4- I then moved the next header an detailed accounts whioch then changed the 1st header account

When 1 moves they all seem to move

I have sent the screen shots as a private message, did you receive them?

Thanks for your help

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @UniRine 

Thank you for the screenshots; I have responded to you in the Private Messages.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

UniRine
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Emily_B  Hi I need a reply on this asap please it seems to be tsking s while for a reply, thanks 

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @UniRine 

I have responded in a private message to this, apologies for the delay.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post