Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

AR Customers showing balances that do not exist

Several of our customers show balances on their accounts some credit, some debit but none of them are real and there is nothing owing on any of these accounts - no invoices or credit notes to pick up and apply anywhere but balance showing on their account.

Can anyone tell me a way to make these amounts disappear?

I have tried going to modify customer balances but could not do anything there either.

Any suggestions you have could be worth a try.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,019 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,019Posts

301Kudos

414Solutions

Re: AR Customers showing balances that do not exist

Hi @GenevieveB

Thank you for your post. Our teams may need to manually fix these balances, before we can arrange this

if you go to Card File > Cards Lists >Select that customer >In the top right of the card is the option for balance and it will have an arrow. By selecting that arrow it will open the Aged Receivables - Outstanding invoice analysis window does it have a transaction in there or does it show No records exist?

Also you run the Aged receivables Summary report for that customer with the date as of 31/12/9998, does that particular customer still have that balance?

Please do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GenevieveB
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Customer card and statement showing balance but no transactions exist AccountRight Plus AU 2020.4.24.1790

We have a customer card that is showing a balance of $10 but there are no transactions on this customer.   When we run statements also picks up $10 balance but again no transactions.  Nothing shows for this customer on Receivables Recon Report - NIL balance.   AR subledger and GL are balance perfectly.  If I do a credit to clear it, it removes the balance but then shows a credit available for take up by the customer in the account and on a statement.   We are running MYOB 2020.4 and I had a look at fix for 2019 and earlier but this will not work for us as it creates debit and credit note transactions in the customer card when you process receipt as finance to try and clear it.  I have tried to use opening balances to correct but also creates credit note in customer card for take up.   Another fix mentioned optmising database but this version does not appear to have that option available or I don't know where to find it as I cannot see it in File, Setup, Services or Help.   I am a very experienced ERP user and the only fix I can think of will be in the backend database which we do not appear to have access to.   
Can someone please elaborate with how best to fix this.

Thanks

Genevieve

GenevieveB
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: AR Customers showing balances that do not exist

Hi Sorry I had missed your reply some time ago and actually posted again this week.  I have done all of what you mentioned in your email and the balance is $10 in the card with no transactions plus nothing prints on recon report.  Only balance appears in card and on customer statement.   I have tried many transactions to fix it but because you don't have the ability to journal in AR it just keeps throwing more transactions DN/CN type that have nothing to offset.  I have tried using opening balance correction, finance charge etc.

Thanks

Genevieve.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,388 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,388Posts

5,349Kudos

5,795Solutions

Re: Customer card and statement showing balance but no transactions exist AccountRight Plus AU 2020.4.24.1790

Hi @GenevieveB 

The company file may need to come in for a card re-balance or for further investigation. 

Just before we do arrange for that one, getting the following screenshots would be ideal so we can review the values to ensure that is the case.

• The Sales Register>>Open Invoices for that customer for an extended date range 01/07/2000 -31/12/9998. 
  • The Sales Register>>Returns & Credits for that customer
  • The Aged Receivables- Outstanding sales analysis window (Open the customer's card and select the Balance arrow - top right)
  • The Receivable reconciliation report with an as of date of 31/12/9998

If it is occurring on multiple cards, the above records for just one customer card is fine. Although, if you could just list the other card names that are impacted along with their expected balances and what is actually showing. This way we can also arrange for those cards to be investigated with the initial ticket.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

GenevieveB
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Customer card and statement showing balance but no transactions exist AccountRight Plus AU 2020.4.24.1790

Hi Steven

Thanks for getting back to me!

Attached is PDF of screenshots you requested.

Additionally, the days to pay is only high because I tried to adjust through opening balances but didn't unlock the system date because it was so far back to delete the transaction, I just made it zero instead.  I may need you to adjust this back as well please to 0 as there is nothing outstanding for them.

Thanks

Genevieve.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,388 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,388Posts

5,349Kudos

5,795Solutions

Hi @GenevieveB 

Thank you for confirming that information.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post