AR Inventory Entry Order

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DominiqueK
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AR Inventory Entry Order

Hi,

My question is about MYOB Inventory on AccountRight.

We started using it, and now there is no option to stop.

We do a stock count at the end of every month, and update the figures of our stock in MYOB using the Adjust Inventory.

Our sales are entered at the end of the week, imported from other software. 

Stock is received in the system when the invoice is paid.

Sometimes one area gets a bit behind in entering the data into MYOB. But once all is caught up the numbers don't seem to be right.

It seems to me that Inventory works on when the entry was made (actually entered in to MYOB), and not the date on the entry.  

So for example, if the stock adjustments were made on time, and the sales were entered later, then it would take off stock from the most recently entered adjustment, instead of from the previous month.

I hope this is making some kind of sense?

I just wanted to know if anyone has had the same issue, and if there is a setting I need to change?

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AR Inventory Entry Order

Hi @DominiqueK 

That is correct. Inventory values in AccountRight are based on the date on which you actually enter the transaction, not the date that the transaction is being entered with.

For example: say I enter a purchase for an item on and with 01/07/2021 for 10 items at $100 each ($1000 in total) and another purchase on and with 10/07/2021 for 1 of that same item at $150. If I then sell the item with a transaction dated 05/07/2021 but on 11/07/2021. It would have used the average cost of $104.55 for that sales transaction as that was the average cost on that item at the time of recording the transaction (1150 / 11).

As such, entering transactions on the appropriate dates and in the order is critical to ensuring that you do have the appropriate item records. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DominiqueK
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

That's incredibly frustrating.

Thank you for your response.

Is there any way to stop using inventory?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @DominiqueK 

Once an item has been marked as I Inventory This Item and transactions are done using that item that option is locked in. 

If you are needing to stop using an item, the recommendation would be to mark that item as inactive and potentially update the item number to be "zzz<item number>". This would make sure that the item doesn't appear in the list of items and when it does (i.e. you have enabled inactive items to show) it will appear at the bottom of the list. You likely want to do a journal entry to reduce the item values back to zero prior to doing this.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post