4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2019.2 Very Slow

The system seems to have progressively gotten worse and is unstable.  It keeps timing out and closing.  I am trying to put invoices into the system from the in-tray and it takes forever.  Why has this version of myob gotten so bad of late, I have never known it to be so slow.  I see I am not the only one with this issue, surely it can not just be a matter of creating new files each year (thus loosing all the history within the one file).  As with everyone else that has posted, I have had IT check out the speed, file etc so it is a MYOB issue .  Is it being looked into by your support crew at all - I would have expected better from a mainstream software package.

9 REPLIES 9
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
169 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

169Posts

52Kudos

19Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2019.2 Very Slow

Your file will become slower as it becomes larger and you cannot purge. The only option for the foreseeable future is to start a new file or use a third party to purge.

Regards

Robert

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

214Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @tbg 

Thank you for your feedback, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. There are some users who have had issues with this as there are several factors impacting the speed and performance of the software.  I will link the help article Speed and Performance Tips which provides some ways to help improve this. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to utilize the forum if you have other inquiries or support. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

tbg
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Once suggestion for the slowness of myob was to use a third party to purge.  How is this done?

Valued User Robert_Mitchell
169 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

169Posts

52Kudos

19Solutions

Private message me as I am not allowed to mention on here as I risk being banned from the forum.

Cheers

Robert

Experienced Cover User boundtoimpress
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

Are MYOB actually working to make improvements in performance going forward. I find it somewhat unacceptable that moving from AR 'Classic' which was quite performant for the past few years has taken a giant step backwards as it became Accountright 2019.....

I think as Customers we should rightly expect that performance would continue to improve over older versions and not be told that our files are 'too large' for the new architecture.

Are you able to give some assurances that the ongoing cop outs won't continue, as we and I'm sure many others are restarting our migration plans to other platforms which perform quite nicely with significant amounts of data, even those in the Cloud.

Experienced User Angiebel
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

14Kudos

1Solutions

I have the same issue this morning.  Very slow to record data.  Sit there waiting for ages looking at the spinning circle after each entry.  Then it times out and I even have to re start MYOB again.  It is no fun trying to do work like this.  I feel like my work speed is like a snail.   When I tried to enter invoice from in-tray MYOB completely shut down.  I am not very happy.  For the monthly price we pay we should get much better speed and reliability. 

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,902Posts

214Kudos

215Solutions

Hi @boundtoimpress 

To answer your question, yes we are constantly working on performance and development of our products and services.  Understandably, there has been customer frustrations switching between these two products.  Part of this frustration is due to these being different databases altogether--meaning ARL is built separately and is not just v19 with things added on.  So they perform differently even though many functions remained the same.  I'll link Company file changes between v19 and the new AccountRight for reference. 

We are currently and will continue to gather information on what causes the performance and speed variations for customers who do encounter this. 

@Angiebel I hope the article Speed and Performance tips linked above provides some helpful information related to the different factors that impact this and how you can improve the speed. Apologies for the frustration and disruption you've dealt with in your workflow. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,758 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,758Posts

2,114Kudos

389Solutions

Hi @tbg @Angiebel @boundtoimpress 

I hope you take some comfort from response from @Theresa_D that MYOB is always looking for ways to improve performance.

I have been with the new version since AR2011. It is now AR2019. I can tell you performance has improved considerably since AR2011. So what you are seeing in AR2019 is after 8 years of performance improvements. AR2019 however is still having lots of performance issues, esp with larger files.

At this stage I would still recommend v19 over AR2019 for any user other than those with very small and simple files. For STP there are v19 solutions such as STP Creator.

The biggest factor is how AR2011-AR2019 has been coded from the start - the foundations that were built. No matter how pretty you make the windows, if a building has a flawed foundation, there is only so much you can do to improve it.

With all these performance issues with large files, MYOB's inability to fix these issues after 8 years and the fact that files only get larger, it is beyond comprehension that MYOB still refuses to add a purge function for AR2019. You must ask, what is the gameplan here? Continue to 'improve' at the current rate?

I read recently someone comparing and describing AR2019 as an elephant and v19 as a stallion. An elephant has a trunk and can do some things a stallion can't - bank feeds for example. Now while you can do things to improve the speed of an elephant, it's never going to perform like a stallion. Both creatures have their pros and cons. If you thought you were upgrading your stallion and got an elephant instead, you might be understandably disappointed.

Sadly all one can say is 'buyer beware'

Regards

Gavin

Experienced Cover User boundtoimpress
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

@gavin12345 

Indeed the foundations appear shaky as does the future.

Classic also had the ODBC interface, and while the new API is very useful for integration AR 2019 is sorely lacking in its ability to easily extract data (in an automated way) for value add processes. That, together with stability and performance issues will keep us from upgrading, but I will continue to give new releases a try until we shift elsewhere.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post