AccountRight 219.1 Print/Email Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User RayJordan
134 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

134Posts

116Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 219.1 Print/Email Invoices

I just discovered that when using the Print/Email Invoices function from the Control panel, that the invoices print using whatever customised invoice just happens to be selected in the Advanced Filters.

The invoices do not get printed on the customised form that is associated to that customer in their Customer Card.

We have several different customised invoices, some customers are assigned one type, other customers another. 

The result is that if I use Print/Email Invoices to print or email a batch of invoices at the end of the day, all customers receive the same invoice type (whatever is the default when AR boots in the morning), rather than their individual customised invoice.

This is WRONG! Please fix it.

I thought that I found a perfect solution to the problem of remembering which customers prefer prints, which prefer emails and which prefer invoices to be both printed and emailed by setting the Invoice Delivery option appropriately in the Sales tab of the Customer Card. And it works great, right up to the point of printing or emailing the wrong invoice type!

Again, why aren't your Quality team picking up this stuff? You do have a Quality team, right?

Ray Jordan
2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 219.1 Print/Email Invoices

Hi @RayJordan 

When printing or emailing the invoice directly from the sales window, AccountRight is designed to use the selected form on the customers card. In contrast if you are using the Print/Email invoices to print and email the invoices AccountRight will use the form currently showing in the Advanced Filters window.

That said I have passed your comments onto the appropriate teams for their consideration

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User RayJordan
134 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

134Posts

116Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 219.1 Print/Email Invoices

Hi Neil,

Yeah I figured all that stuff out! Being able to print or email invoices in batches is a great feature, but next to useless if you have to:

1. select an invoice type

2. figure out and select which customers should receive that invoice type

3. send those invoices

4. select another invoice type

5. figure out and select which customers should receive that next invoice type

6. send those invoices

7. repeat the above steps for as many invoice types as you need  

But thanks for passing it on to whoever is responsible :-)

Ray Jordan
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post