Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight Bank Feeds - Using Recurring Transactions

We have a client with a lot of recurring transactions already set up in spend money. However when using bank feeds and the spend money screen through bank feeds, the 'use recurring transaction' option is greyed out.

I know we could use rules in the bank feeds but for this client they would prefer to use the recurring transactions they already have set up.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing that will give us access to the spend money recurring transactions when going into it from the bank feed screen?

Really don't want to have to re-do all of these as rules when they are already set up. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AccountRight Bank Feeds - Using Recurring Transactions

HI @Success 

Currently the Use Recurring function is not available when using the New transaction function from the Bank Feeds window. If you knew a recurring transaction needed to be used to correspond to a bank feeds transaction you could look recording the recurring transaction first before accessing the bank feeds window

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,668 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,668Posts

1,046Kudos

127Solutions

Could "access Recurrent Transactions" be made available in Bank Feeds - new Spend Money, in AccountRight 2020.1 ?

Kym YHeoward CPA & CC

Darwin (Palmerston)

7Dec2019

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,466 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,466Posts

550Kudos

524Solutions

@Kym__Yeoward 

Hi Kym

From my bookkeeping days I do understand that this would be very useful. At this time, there aren't any plans for it to be a part of the 2020.1 release. However, the developers are aware that this is a popular request from our users.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,668 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,668Posts

1,046Kudos

127Solutions

Thanks. I understand our competitors Xero and QuickBooks Online already have this feature.

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

It would be really useful to be able to use the recurring transactions when allocationg payments through bank feeds

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

so you say I need to look at my bank statement and use recurring transactsions to record them first and THEN download the bank feeds ? no thats not going to work coz hte feeds will get here before I get around to entering the transactions. 
So the only option is to create rules for each of my  20 or more recurring transactions as they come through the bank feeds?

what a waste of time!

and this is only the  first of several datafiles I am changing to AR Online against my wishes..... sigh I am too old to learn all this new stuff. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,547Kudos

1,841Solutions

HI @Ruthee 

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve passed it onto the relevant teams.

Just to clarify how bank feeds and recurring transactions work, transactions coming through on the Bank Feeds system need to match to a transaction that has been recorded in the file. Until a corresponding transaction exists in the file, the bank feeds transaction will just sit there.

Conversely when you create a recurring transaction template, that’s all it is, a template. The recurring transaction template needs to be used to create the transaction before it can be picked up and matched to bank feeds transactions.

Bank Feeds can be downloaded at any point, as long as there is data available to be downloaded. However if you were using recurring transactions, these would need to be recorded first to be able to match to the bank feeds transactions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post