Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight crash everytime converting quotes to invoices

After updating to the latest MYOB I was having it crash everytime I convert a quote to an invoice.  I was told over the phone that MYOB were aware of the issue and would be investigating it and rectifying it in the next update.  It's been months now, and nothing has changed. 

When I convert a quote and record as an invoice, I get a crash error saying it needs to restart - and it sends it's usual error email.  I don't actually get 'kicked out' and have to locate the quote which has now become an invoice (which it has recorded) and then continue on.

8 REPLIES 8
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,663 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,663Posts

364Kudos

560Solutions

Re: AccountRight crash everytime converting quotes to invoices

Hi @LaraSST 

Can you please attach the details of the error log from that email here so we can check what's the status? Alternatively, if you click "View error details" on the error message, it should generate a log that you can attach here.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LaraSST
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Error log is attached.

Steps went as follows;

Picked up a quote - put in a PO, changed the date to today (old quote), changed it to today's date, select record and I got the accountright error - Something's gone wrong and AR needs to close - we're really sorry..... with option of close or restart.  It then sends me the email.

When I select close, the updated document is still showing on my screen with option of record or cancel (as per normal sales).  I select "record" and I get "Information - this invoice has very little information.  Click cancel if you do not wish to record it".  I then select ok - close the 'invoice' and then when I do a search, it has already converted it to an invoice

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,663 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,663Posts

364Kudos

560Solutions

Hi @LaraSST 

If your quotes are saved as recurring and they are used for creating future quotes/invoices, can you please try disabling the preference for automatically emailing the invoices before trying to record the invoice? This can be done by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Sales>>>untick Automatically Email sales when they are recorded. 

This is because some users having similar issues with recurring transactions have been able to get around the situation by disabling the preference therefore, it can be worthwhile giving this a try. That being said, this has been raised with the relevant teams already who are working on finding a permanent fix in the meanwhile.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LaraSST
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal - no, the quotes are not recurring transactions.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,663 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,663Posts

364Kudos

560Solutions

Hi @LaraSST 

In that case, please ensure that the linked accounts for the Bank Account for Electronic Payments and Bank Account for Undeposited Funds have been set up.

To check these linked accounts have been set up in AccountRight:

1. Go to Setup>>Linked Accounts
  2. Choose Accounts and Banking
  3. Check that a bank account has been assigned for
  • Bank Account for Electronic Payments
  • Bank Account for Undeposited Funds

If these accounts are assigned and you're still getting the error every time quotes are converted to invoices, please send me a screenshot of at least one quote by Private Message so we can investigate further from our end.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LaraSST
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Yes the bank accounts are all correct.

Regarding sending a screen shot - I will send you one.  But just to let you know, it will happen to every quote - not just a particular one (ie. it could be any account code for the sale - that won't matter, same thing will happen).  

If anything, I think it would be best if we did a screen share so that you could see what is happening.

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,273 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,273Posts

2,307Kudos

457Solutions

Hi @LaraSST 

Turn of the Automatically Email preference from Sales tab to avoid this error/bug (Setup > Preferences > Sales).

Snap89.jpg

Even if your Invoice shows To Be Printed, MYOB will try to automatically email anyway (with this Preference set). The error suggest there is no custom email content.

If your file is online, you could try leaving the tick for Automatic emailing, but ensure the Emailing tab under Preferences is completed.

Experiment what works best for you until MYOB decide to fix.

Regards

Gavin

LaraSST
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin - yes, I will try and see if that makes any difference