MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

AccountRight2017 - Sales Item import has no GST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User PeterLSM
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
PeterLSM
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight2017 - Sales Item import has no GST

We are trying to import Sales Item Invoice details. The import adds the invoice and item details but no GST is calculated. The Inclusive flag is set to blank, as per the suggested file layout format.

Here is a sample of the file format we ar using. Would appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

PeterL

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,371 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5371Posts

802Kudos

761Solutions

Re: AccountRight2017 - Sales Item import has no GST

Hi @PeterLSM

After reviewing your file, as you are attempting to import this into AccountRight 2017 this requires a special declaration at the first line of the Import file, you need to have {} at the beginning for the Importer to show the correct layout and import the data correctly.

I was able to import your information correctly once I had added this line. I suggest taking a look at our Online Help articles about the Tips involved with Importing which goes through some rules like the special declaration and also showing how to create Template files if needed:

Importing and exporting tips

Import and export fields

I have attached both the adjusted file I grabbed from you and a direct export from AccountRight with the same data so you can review this.

OP.txt - File I adjusted to import correctly.

ITEMSALE.TXT - Direct Export from AccountRight

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Contributing Cover User PeterLSM
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
PeterLSM
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden

We have recently upgraded from V19 to AccountRight2017 and was not aware of the declaration required on the first line. Will test the amended import file and let you know how it goes.

So the rest of the file layout looks OK? Is the declaration line something new?

Many Thanks

Peter

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,371 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5371Posts

802Kudos

761Solutions

Hi @PeterLSM

I can understand that, there was a database change between V19 and the new software, as a result some fields are not as they were in the old software and the declaration line was implemented into the new importing system so that it can identify the different import files and attempt to import the data.

I suggest having a look at the ITEMSALE.TXT file I attached above and compare it to the Import and Export fields help article to get the feel of the new fields that come with AccountRight 2017 & 2018.

As for your file, it worked fine for me as soon as I added the declaration at the top line. I did, however, have to manually choose which field goes where though. Some fields did not match correctly and it ended up being a little easier to choose the field matching manually, this might be something you can look into with the template I gave you.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions on this!

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post