Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accountright 2020.2 - editing customise forms - cant adjust column widths

Hi

I've been using MYOB for quite a while and was able previously to use the archaic form editing system and adjust the width of fields (columns) in my invoices. Eg by moving the mouse over the left or right boundaries of the field and waiting for the dual arrow head icon to randomly appear. It seems this has now changed. No dual arrow headed icon appears and I cannot adjust the width of my columns in my table.  Sigh....!  A form editor these days shouldn't have to be so hard. The dotted line edge of the fields appear - but nothing to allow me to drag an edge to adjust width.

Would appreciate guidance from any one who may have experienced a similar problem and who has resolved it, or a MYOB person who might have a secret solution.

I'll stick my hand up for a form editor newer than one designed by the guy who made ping pong tennis for black and white TV (and milk that tastes like milk Smiley Happy )

Thanks in advance.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

587Posts

52Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Accountright 2020.2 - editing customise forms - cant adjust column widths

Hi @Chrisnir1 

Thank you for your post.

You still have the ability to adjust the width of a column and customise forms to suit your needs, which you can see in this handy Help Article that explains what you can customise and how you can do it: Add tables to forms.

Please let me and the MYOB Community Forum know if we can help you any further. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Jesh

Thanks for your reply and the link to the information regarding editing tables. The animation shows the dual headed arrow that appears when grabbing a column side to move it. In my case this does not appear.

I have two pc's with 2020.2.2 loaded. Trying to edit the same item invoice provides two different experiences. One pc is W7 (which I am about to kill) and Adobe and Nitro PDF. Edit situation is as expected. Newer pc is W10 with no Adobe and only Nitro pdf. Not sure they are relevant but thats the difference. Same MYOB version, same login, same invoice template as it is in the cloud. Two different edit experiences. I dont want to keep the old pc running just to be able to adjust forms.

Why doesn't it work?  I looked to see if somehow it was behind something else but not that - the blue dotted lines appear when edit table is selected.  Its not a single form issue as same happens on other invoice forms.

Any further thoughts?

kind regards

Chris

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

587Posts

52Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Chrisnir1 

I've consulted with our technical team and what you are experiencing is most likely a Windows setup/configuration issue.

We have seen some users have trouble previously being able to customise forms on the software effectively, as a result of their PC zoom settings. Please go to your PC search and lookup Magnifier Settings. Once you have the Magnifier Settings screen open ensure the Magnifier is off and the zoom level is set to 200%. Once you have configured these settings return to the software and see if that made a difference for you. If not, it would be recommended to speak to your IT professional to see what other causes Windows might have to stop you from using the customisation functionality properly.

Please let me know how you get on, or if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Jesh

Thanks for the follow up. 

I switched off the magnifier (it seems default was for it to be on). It was previously set to 200%.

The form field edges are editable now. However, the twin headed arror doesn't appear at any time. I have to guess around the space where the grab from the mouse will move the field edge. Usually just a little bit outside the edge. If I get it wrong the whole field and others around it move of course. Not ideal but something.

With respect, not sure why I should pay an IT person to fix an issue in MYOB. If it can't work properly with W10 then thats a bug and MYOB should be fixing it. There are thousands of settings in W10 so it could be costly for me to do that. Whil;st perhaps your getting many reports of the same issue, perhaps with different symptoms, that can help your IT guys focus in. And it's your software and I'm paying for it already in subscription fees. It should work.

Thanks again, kind regards

Chris

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

587Posts

52Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Chrisnir1 

Thank you for testing that for me. 

Generally, we find users encounter a setting within Microsoft that can prevents them from doing and seeing certain functions, which does require a IT professional to investigate. 

Are you able to test whether you can see the double headed arrow in your AccountRight Clearwater file? You can check this by clicking on the File menu and choosing Open, then clicking CancelOn the Welcome window, click Explore a sample companyIn the Samples folder, open the folder for your country (AU or NZ). Then, open the folder for the AccountRight version you're using. Once you have followed these steps, are you able to try and customise one of the systems default forms that are embedded within the Clearwater file. 

If Clearwater is showing you the same result, can you please private message me your full name, serial number, email address and a screenshot of the form you are trying to customise, so allow me to further investigate this issue for you.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post