Add column to Item Invoice and get rid of Backorder column

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
CathyW
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Add column to Item Invoice and get rid of Backorder column

In this age of Tracking all food items, I am trying to add a column to an  'Item'  invoice to insert a batch code rather than adding the code to each item description which is very time consuming. It would be much easier to tab to a column and add the batch code. We are a food manufcturer with over 100 lines and batch codes change frequently.

This extra column does not have to be connected to anything, just a place to type in a code. Is it possible to do this?

Also in our busines we do not backorder, is there a way of removing this from our system. I am using AccountRight premier 2015.4? In this latest version, it automatically backorders  all out of stock items.

Why does the layout of the Item Ivoice in Sales not reflect a customised invoice?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Add column to Item Invoice and get rid of Backorder column

Hi @CathyW

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

AccountRight currently doesn't have the ability to enter and/or track batch numbers/serial numbers for items. If you are looking for this feature I would recommend taking a look at the Add-on Solution page, this contains a list of potential third party programs that can be used to extend the functions and features.

Also the Enter Sales window is a set window and therefore columns are unable to be removed from the window. However you can remove that column from the printed/email copy of the invoice via the customise form. This can be done via Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Item>>Selecting the form>>Customise>>Right clicking on the table>>Selecting Show/Hide Columns and hiding the required column. Please note that the customise form is based off the Enter Sales window not the other way around.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CathyW
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Add column to Item Invoice and get rid of Backorder column

Thank you for your reply Steven, I have looked at the Add-on Solutions but that was going to cost in excess of $10,000 which is not feasible.
It is a shame that the Enter Sales window is set and you aren't able to truly customise our own invoice.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post