Adding Inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
billd
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Adding Inventory

My client has a very old version of MYOB and has not updated - we will be upgrading in the next few months - here's the question:

We are trying to add on hand inventory, something they never did, and have not been successful IF there are orders and or sales already present for that item.  We have tried many things but nothing is working.  We believe when they set up their items (not know what the ramifications were) they only used "I sell this item" never using "I buy this item" or I inventory this item" - we have gone back and tested a few items.  It allows us to click "I buy this item" but does not allow us to click "I inventory this item" with the message "there are orders and sales for this item" - can someone share a work around to this issue?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Turtlewitnohome
Experienced Cover User
185 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

185Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Adding Inventory

From what i have read and tried myself, once you have sold an item you are shagged.  It cant be inventoryied.

You would have to rename the items, eg add a "z" in front of them and create new items setting them up from scratch.

I dont think you can even rename them by doing imports as the item number is the main identifier.  

I'll PM you

John

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post