37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Adding a PDF document to a Purchase Order

Our current purchasing process is as follows:

Get a paperbased/email Quote from a Trade

When we accept the Quote we issue a PO

Invoice arrives via email, we match to PO in MYOB and convert PO to invoice

We source paper quote, cross-check with invoice and store in folder with printed invoice (at this point the invoice might not match the quote if the work is not complete, or if there has been additional work done)

What we want to change:

Is there a way that a pdf of the Quote can be added to the PO in MYOB so that when the invoice comes in, we don't need to 'find' the Quote, instead it is already saved with the PO?

This would save us heaps of time. Alternatively, if there is a better way to manage this, please let me know, I am all ears!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User tubefeed1
37 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Adding a PDF document to a Purchase Order

Anyone have an idea?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,637 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,637Posts

4,352Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @tubefeed1 

Currently, AccountRight 2019 will allow for the user to add an external attachment to a Bill through the In Tray. If the transaction is a quote/order that transaction would need to be converted across to a Bill prior to the document being attached.

To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to introduce the ability to add those In Tray documents to quotes/orders, only bills.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User tubefeed1
37 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

That is a shame, it makes sense, particularly for those in industries that provide a lot of quotes eg. construction.

Tarabarnard
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I would definitely support the ability to use the in tray to either create a bill or a purchase order. When approving an order you want to see quotes etc attached. Some companies also use the PO work flow process to get invoices approved for payment. Ie they drop the invoice into the tray that then creates either a PO or bill from the invoice. If PO it then gets approved and can be paid. I definitely think MYOB should try allow that functionality. At moment you can change a bill to a PO but it drops the PDF attachment. 😞
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post