Adding columns into Sales Item detail report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DM2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adding columns into Sales Item detail report

Hello,

I am trying to add in 3 new columns into the Sales Item detail report.   However, after adding columns, the report does not refresh to display the new columns.

I have done this previously in the old version of MYOB and it has worked fine.

My steps (in latest version of accountright) were: 

Go to  insert/modify tab, 

Click on show/ hide columns - and show required columns and click OK;

Click back on the filters tab, and press the green Run Report arrow.

I have also tried going to print preview, to refresh the report.

Each time the report "refreshes" (ie is generating pages) but the new columns do not display.

What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Adding columns into Sales Item detail report

Hi @DM2

In the new AccountRight, after adding new columns under the Insert/Modify tab, the added columns are visible immediately for further adjusting, e.g. changing the column width. After switching to the Filters tab and refresh the report, the added columns would stay within the same report session. You can always save this customised report as My Custom Reports for future access. 

So I tried adding 3 columns to the Sales Item Details report, I noticed that the additional 3 columns were unable to fit in the original page width automatically. While under the Insert/Modify tab, please scroll to the bottom of the report page, there shall be a side slide bar to view these added columns. Please find tune the width of all columns so they can fit within 1 page. 

image.png

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DM2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Clover

It worked - something so simple.

Another related question - 

The sales by Item displays the Stock Item as a heading, then lists each sales transaction below that Item.

Is there a way to move the Item heading so that it displays as a column rather than a heading (ie so it is repeated next to every transaction)?   

Currently I have to manually copy and paste the Stock Item, and it is extremely time consuming.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @DM2 

I'm glad to hear you've successfully customised the columns on the report. 

Unfortunately, in AccountRight that there is no option to turn the heading on the report into a column instead. Personally I think it looks cleaner to have a consolidated header instead of having the same information repeated for every line.

I'm afraid that it does mean that you'd either need to export the report to Excel for further format customisation, or looking into a suitable add-on solution that offers advanced reporting options.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post