Adjust Inventory - Current Price

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adjust Inventory - Current Price

I have to increase the price of approx. 90% of my inventory "current price" soon and am investigating the best method to do this.

I have found the shortcut calculation method "percentage markup" but it only give me the option to increase the "last cost" price or the "average cost" price; not the 'Current Price"

I expect I could export, modify and import all prices.  Is there a better way to increase the Current Price by 7%?

3 REPLIES 3
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Adjust Inventory - Current Price

To add to this post:

I need to update the "Base Selling Price" only.

After further investigation I expect the best way to do this is to export data (via copy to clipboard and copy to excel) from the Items list, which correctly displays the "sell price".  Then use excel to calculate 7% and round to the nearest 5c; then manually enter the new price into the "Set Item Prices > Current Price" field.  Run the report again and use excel again to compare them to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

If you have any better suggestions, I am truly open to them.....there are 774 active items (although there is a small percentage that do not need to be updated); and I have to get this done so that all invoices that go out the next day are at the new price (and still work a 12 hour day to get my regular work done!)  wish me luck!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Altec 

I would recommend taking a look at Help Article: Bulk update item prices. This outlines a process in which you can export the information out of AccountRight, update it in Excel or another application, and then importing it back in to update that information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you, yes I did test that option yesterday and it works; albiet would have been quicker to be able to use the percentage markup option. 

It's a pity the shortcut calculation method "percentage markup" doesn't have an option to update the base selling price.  I don't understand how it can be useful the way it is designed, but it must have some purpose I guess.

Thank you for you assistance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post