Adjust inventory for a part return of a cash supplier item purchase

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CT-56
Trusted Cover User
126 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

126Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adjust inventory for a part return of a cash supplier item purchase

I purchased 2 x items and paid supplier as a EFTcash transaction.

Items were entered into purchases register as a new purchase and entered payment to settle.

1 x item was returned to supplier so I created a manual debit and recorded to receive payment back to our bank account. Bank registered shows this ok.

Checked the item on the inventory and shows as item still in stock.

Now how do I adjust the item on the inventory.

CT

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Adjust inventory for a part return of a cash supplier item purchase

Hi @CT-56 

Generally, if the original transaction was an item based transaction you want to create a negative sale/purchase which does involve that item. By doing that it will place the item into stock when that credit/debit note has been recorded. See Help Article: Supplier returns, debits and refunds for more information on that topic.

If you have manually created a service layout based credit/debit note, you could look at recording an adjust inventory transaction to adjust the inventory to the required amount.

Although, it should be noted, that if you have returned stock to a supplier the value of that stock will likely reduce. For example, say I purchased an item for $100 and then found out it was faulty thus returned the stock back to that supplier you would record a negative purchase (debit note) of $100 thus reducing the inventory stock to zero.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post