MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
WharfSt
7 Posts
User
WharfSt

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

Hello MYOB crew.

I have discovered that leave for a salaried employee has not been deducting from his balance. I can see from a Payroll Category Transactions report that the employee has been taking leave, but his card still shows a full balance, as does the entitlement balance (deatila & summary) report. There is a chance that I had the incorrect wage category linked (i.e hourly instead of salary leave pay), however I had balances in both of these sections for this employee due to some leave that I had to retospectively calculate and enter late last year (this was becasue I had failed to tick the leave boxes for this one, but that was before leave started being taken, so shouldn't affect me here) I have since made sure all leave amounts are accruing in the salary category, and they have been getting paid out if the Leave Pay - Salary category, but am unsure of how to enter a Used balance so that we are up to date, and how to make sure it accrues from now on. 

I've attached both the reports I ran, hopefully what I have explained makes sense to you.

Kind Regards, Amber.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator JakeN
1,257 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
JakeN
MYOB Moderator

1257Posts

184Kudos

141Solutions

Re: Adjusting Sick Leave Entitlement

Hi @WharfSt,

After reading through your post may I would recommned reading though this support article called Entitlements (click here to open). This will run you through how entitlements should be setup so you will be confident yours will work from this point onwards.

To be able to adjust your current balances figure out the amount of hours the balance should be currently and create a void pay cheque, making sure there are no hours or dollar figures anywhere. Then put the amount of hours you need to adjust the entitlement in the entitlement category area. I have an example void payslip below.

Untitled.png

Let us know how you go or if I missed anything.

Cheers,
Jake

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

WharfSt
7 Posts
User
WharfSt

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much for your speedy response @JakeN

I was recording the leave taken as specified in the instructions that you posted the link for, which is why I am still confused that it didn't deduct properly. Hopefully it's just that I had the incorrect linked accounts, I will monitor it from now on.

I have created a void payslip as instructed, and the balances now show as they should.  

Thanks again for your help, I'll get back in touch if the entitlements don't deduct properly on the next occasion.

Along the same lines, I have overpaid entitlements on more than one occasion because I didn't realise that they weren't flagged as overpaid until the last step of the process which is the review step. I would love it if negative leave balances were flagged earlier such as on the timesheet entyr page or the list of empolyees being paid, just a thought.

Kind Regards, Amber. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,600 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10600Posts

1183Kudos

1494Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Amber ( @WharfSt )

Great to hear that you have been able to get this resolved and everything now balances. With a bit of luck, it was just a case of an incorrect account being linked to that entitlement.

If everything is linked up correctly and you attempt to pay the employee more leave then they are entitled to, AccountRight will attempt to warn you when the employees leave is being overpaid as you can see in this screenshot.

overpaid leave.PNG

This check will only happen if you have the entitlement and its corresponding linked wage assigned to the employee and are using the linked wage category to pay out the number of hours.

Please do let us know how you get on going forward and pay out additional leave to these employees.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post