Administrator read only

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kellyd1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Administrator read only

I am an administrator and have full access to all features in Accountright. Suddenly today, the arrows have changed to grey instead of blue and I seem to have "read only" access. I have checked user settings and it is checked for "read & write". I am unable to edit anything. 

I have confirmed the company file and logged out, however it didn't rectif the issue.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Administrator read only

Hi @kellyd1 

Welcome to the Community Forum!

There are a few reasons which can lock the transactions as read-only:

• Is there a lock period on the file? ( Setup>>Preferences>>Security), if yes, remove the lock period and check if you can then edit the transactions.
  • Is "Transactions cant be changed. They must be reversed" ticked under Setup>>Preferneces>>Security? This can also lock the transactions. 

Let me know if it's none of those cases and if other users in the file are experiencing the same problem.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kellyd1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Administrator read only

Thank you.

Yes,  "Transactions cant be changed. They must be reversed" ticked under Setup>>Preferneces>>Security? was ticked. I unticked it and everything worked as normal.

Thank you for your reply.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post