Allocation error in bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kim_MISC
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Allocation error in bank feeds

When I try to allocate a bank feed to an order in AccountRight, I get an error message saying 

'you must specify an allocation account'.

To match orders, I have to go to the sales screen and turn them into an invoice before I can do the matching.  This adds a few steps.

In no case have I ever been able to match a payment (on any screen) directly to an order.  On the receive payments window, direct allocation of payment to an order causes the system to 'hang' and must be rebooted.

Can MYOB please fix this error to allow payments to be allocated directly to orders.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Allocation error in bank feeds

Hi @Kim_MISC 

I don't think it is a MYOB error, i think you have not set up your linked accounts correctly to be able to receive a deposit on an order.

Up top under set up, go to linked accounts>sales and tick I track deposits collected from customers.  If you haven't already created a liability account for it then you would do that now and it will be gst code not reportable.

Then you should be able to allocate your deposits received on orders.

When the order is fulfilled and converted to an invoice, MYOB will automatically do an entry inthe background to transfer the money from the liability account Deposits on orders.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Kim_MISC
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Allocation error in bank feeds

HI & thanks for the tip.

I understood if the order was paid in full, the order is converted to an invoice and the payment allocated in the same transaction.  Not sure I saw a reference to this requirement in the documentation.  

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post