An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LWK
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.

I have attempted to allocate a bank feed transaction many times but continue to receive the message, "an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.  I have triple-checked the transaction and it is definitely balanced.  This transaction was previously recorded but I unallocated it to make a change to it which involved a cash payment for an invoice.  Love to receive help on this as my transaction remains unallocated and I am frustrated.  

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
sona03
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.

I am facing same problem

jpcen
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same. Never had this issue before today. Have encountered it twice today with split payments. No problem saving without split.  But any split payment has this error

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi all, I've seen a post on the forum which suggests (where applicable) manually recalculating the GST, via the arrow next to the GST total,  then record the transaction. 

In v19 days we tried not to use that option as it affected GST returns. Hopefully not now. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

jpcen
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

manually recalulating the gst doesn't seem to be an option in the app

jpcen
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I've been able to get around this issue by allocating the entire payment to one account in the app, then going into AR desktop version and completing the split there. Obviously, this will only work if you have the AR desktop version...

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your posts. This is something that has been raised with our product teams and they are currently investigating, in the meantime they have advised of one of the two work arounds below:

1. Delete the values from the dollar side and re-enter via the percentage field in the allocate window instead OR
  2. Enter a spend money or receive money transaction instead and match it to the bank feed transaction

Additionally, I have indicated to our team that you've been impacted by this situation.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post