Any chance of a proper BOOKKEEPER friendly update to software and help topics sometime soon?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Any chance of a proper BOOKKEEPER friendly update to software and help topics sometime soon?

I'm growing old and grey here waiting for MYOB to update the HELP topics with some relevant information and actually fixing the software so that it matches normal accounting practices. For the prices now charged for this software I am expecting a quality product but am continually disappointed. 1. No help topic for current software versions - I'm pretty sure you know that AR2019 is not current right? New features like clunky IN TRAYS - OK it can be helpful - but how about updating the HELP topics with the current versions and some advice on how IN TRAY documents affect entered items. I wanted to delete a duplicate - no dice - worked out I had to delete the attached purchase document first, then delete the purchase, THEN go to the IN TRAY and delete the document. NOT helpful. How about ask me whether to delete it all or ask if I want to delete just the purchase entered and return the document to the IN TRAY? 2. Still no customer statement ageing fix. I don't want to change my customer's terms - that's just a stupid response that wastes time and can mess with cash flow if not fixed. I want to automatically generate a correct, MONTHLY aged statement, simply showing the month in which the invoice was raised, regardless of the terms of payment/sale. 3. Why oh why is the PAID TODAY option still there? NOONE uses cheques anymore. At least make this useful by allowing some data entry in the pop up (like the date and payment method 'BPay'). 4. There should be an option to TURN OFF FINANCE CHARGE. This annoys me daily. I don't calculate finance charges, ever. Why can't there be an option to deactivate this field so that it doesn't even come into play on invoice calculations? I have a hundred more gripes, including forced credit allocation, constant mouse use (we want to use a keyboard - we are not gamers), no (useful) warnings for entered field errors (it just skips to the next in line or leaves the field blank) but I'm done whinging for tonight knowing that it will again be ignored. I only gave some of this feedback originally 5 years ago, and then again a year later, so I guess you need more time...
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Re: Any chance of a proper BOOKKEEPER friendly update to software and help topics sometime soon?

Hi @OzTara 

We do have a dedicated Help Article team that write, publish and edit help articles where appropriate. If you do come across a help article that may contain outdated information or would welcome a change/review we are happy to receive your feedback. You're welcome to let us know through this Forum space with a link to the article and we'll pass that feedback onto our team to have that reviewed. Generally speaking, if it is a change to a help article our team can jump on it quickly. Newer articles can take a while to write and publish.

1. If you are needing to delete an In Tray document you can navigate to Purchase>>In Tray, highlight the desired document before selecting Delete. If the document has been attached to a transaction, you would first need to open that transaction before selecting the Attachment and deleting that deleting. If you are referring to deleting an actual purchase transaction that has the document attached, then deleting the transaction will place the document back into the In Tray for deletion or relinking.

2. In terms of statements, transactions shown on that statement are designed to be aged according to the invoice terms. I don't foresee us changing the statements process to list the invoices according to the month that that invoice was recorded in, disregarding the ageing, in the foreseeable future.

3. The Paid Today field is a field that is included on the Enter sale window to allow users the ability to enter a payment transaction for that invoice at the same time as entering the invoice. This function is actually commonly used by a lot of businesses, mostly businesses that deal with cash, and that functionality improves their workflow but not having to open another window. The default payment method is pulled from the customer's card payment details. So if you would like a different payment method I would recommend review that information on your customer's card.

4. Currently, there are no immediate plans to remove finance charges from the Recieve Payments or Pay Bills window. However, if you would like to see a user having that functionality disabled I would recommend showing your support for: Receive Payments: Disable Finance Charge

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Any chance of a proper BOOKKEEPER friendly update to software and help topics sometime soon?

**My responses** We do have a dedicated Help Article team that write, publish and edit help articles where appropriate. If you do come across a help article that may contain outdated information or would welcome a change/review we are happy to receive your feedback. You're welcome to let us know through this Forum space with a link to the article and we'll pass that feedback onto our team to have that reviewed. Generally speaking, if it is a change to a help article our team can jump on it quickly. Newer articles can take a while to write and publish. ** I have given feedback on the actual HELP webpage several times. Every time I choose HELP from within AR2020 it takes me to the HELP page where the closest HELP software choice is for AR2019 so the 'Help Article' team are not exactly on the ball there. ** 1. If you are needing to delete an In Tray document you can navigate to Purchase>>In Tray, highlight the desired document before selecting Delete. If the document has been attached to a transaction, you would first need to open that transaction before selecting the Attachment and deleting that deleting. If you are referring to deleting an actual purchase transaction that has the document attached, then deleting the transaction will place the document back into the In Tray for deletion or relinking. **Again - the feedback was that this should be added to the help topic for 'deleting a purchase' as an attachment clearly impacts the ability to be able to delete the purchase entry. The additional suggestion that the option to choose to either delete the attachment OR return it to In Tray should be given would fix another clunky IN TRAY issue.** 2. In terms of statements, transactions shown on that statement are designed to be aged according to the invoice terms. I don't foresee us changing the statements process to list the invoices according to the month that that invoice was recorded in, disregarding the ageing, in the foreseeable future. ** I have worked in many businesses and have seen hundreds of statements. In most industries 95% of statements are aged by month, regardless of terms. I am simply asking for the option to generate a statement that matches this industry standard, not what MYOB can be bothered setting up.** 3. The Paid Today field is a field that is included on the Enter sale window to allow users the ability to enter a payment transaction for that invoice at the same time as entering the invoice. This function is actually commonly used by a lot of businesses, mostly businesses that deal with cash, and that functionality improves their workflow but not having to open another window. The default payment method is pulled from the customer's card payment details. So if you would like a different payment method I would recommend review that information on your customer's card. **I was referring to entering purchases and using the PAID TODAY to record the payment. There is no default payment method on a supplier card so it brings up a cheque number that cannot be changed. Many businesses haven't used cheques in years. Therefore it is currently a useless function that could be so useful if that field was editable in the pop up. That pop up hasn't changed in 25 years. Its time for an update.** 4. Currently, there are no immediate plans to remove finance charges from the Receive Payments or Pay Bills window. However, if you would like to see a user having that functionality disabled I would recommend showing your support for: Receive Payments: Disable Finance Charge **OK I will search for that - that's all that is requested - the ability to disable it**
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

The link to RECEIVE PAYMENTS: DISABLE FINANCE CHARGE was typically useless as I found my own reply and vote from 2018 which also referenced the fact that it was in feedback I had given by email, directly to MYOB, 5 years before that. You can sense my frustration when this whole forum seems to be a waste of our time.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Screenshot 2020-09-14 223759.png

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,707 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,707Posts

5,131Kudos

5,531Solutions

Hi @OzTara 

Due to the way the Help Articles and website is set up the search for Help Articles on help.myob.com is actually listed as AccountRight 2017 when searching or AccountRight 2019 in the dropdown. Both these options or searching on an existing AccountRight Help Article will bring up the help information. However, I've shared your comments to the team in regards to that.

An In Tray document shouldn't affect your ability to delete a bill within the software. Should you have a document attached to a bill and would need to delete that bill that document is placed in the In Tray after deletion. If you are encountering a different situation for example the attached document is stopping you from deleting that bill can you provide additional information into what is occurring so we can investigate further.

Before committing to develop an idea, we consider how much demand there is for the feature, how complex it is and what resources we need, and any negative impact it might have. By voting on ideas, you’re helping our developers to measure demand for a feature. But the number of votes or the length of time that an idea has been around for isn’t the only factor we consider when prioritising suggestions. We do also consider other factors like security, compliance and workflow changes that may also impact the prioritisation of a new idea/feature.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post