209 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

209Posts

65Kudos

3Solutions

Attachments to purchase orders/quotes as per a purchase

Be great if we could attach documents to new purchase order/quote via In Tray and when converting to orders/invoices, these documents are transferred accross and saved. Atm if I have a document in the In Tray and process it as a quote or order, the document disappears all together for ever. If the option to attach isnt available atm for quote/orders perhaps at least have a warning pop up and the document returned to the In Tray.

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,391 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,391Posts

342Kudos

518Solutions

Re: Attachments to purchase orders/quotes as per a purchase

Hi @TSGTanya 

Currently, intray documents cannot be linked to quotes or orders, and can only be linked to bills/spend money transactions. However, as you mentioned that the document disappears when you process it as a quote or order, can you please confirm what steps you're following to do so. This would help us investigate this issue further.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
209 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

209Posts

65Kudos

3Solutions

Hi there, I believe from the inbox I create new bill with the attachment then change the purchase type. From here the attachment disappears and no longer is visible anywhere. Gone from the new quote/order and not returned to the inbox. Hope this helps. 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,391 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,391Posts

342Kudos

518Solutions

Hi @TSGTanya 

Thanks for clarifying this. You're correct in mentioning that the document will disappear from intray if it's processed as a quote or order and the only workaround would be to convert the quote/order to a bill prior to attaching a document to it. At this stage, I'm not aware of any plans of changing the process around this but will let you know if there are any updates.

Feel free to post should you have other queries or suggestions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
209 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

209Posts

65Kudos

3Solutions

Yeh, it would be nice to attach the quote/sales order documents to these and then flow through into the invoice. 

Thanks for you quick replies. Hopefully some improvements are worked on in this area in the near future. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post