Auto Invoice Number Problem

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User JoEd
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Auto Invoice Number Problem

I have recently moved from v19 to v2017. In v19 I create several orders in my sales and when they fall due, I change them into invoices and send them out. I use the auto# to create the invoice numbers. I have never had a problem with this working.

However, now that I am using v2017, when I change an order into a sale, it will correctly use the invoice number that was on the order, but when I create a new sale, the auto number will allocate the next number after the recently used order's number rather than the next sequential invoice number.

eg, I have a previously saved order with inv #12 allocated to it. Since then I have entered several sales invoices and the last invoice number is #15. I change the order to an invoice which is now inv#12 (which is correct). When I now create a new sales invoice, it automatically sets the invoice number as #13. However, this is wrong - it should allocate it as #16.

In this example, accountright plus v19 does this correctly, but AR2017 does it incorrectly.

Is there a solution? And if this is a bug, when will it be fixed?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Experienced Partner VickiS
71 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

71Posts

47Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Auto Invoice Number Problem

I completely agree with this and then it is compounded by the use of Add-Ons and importing invoices from such applications as "Tradify" and then to add salt to the wounds, when you create a new file when moving from AccountRight v19 to AccountRight v2017, and you have a starting Invoice number, when changing Quotes to Orders or Invoices, it will use the same number if you have the preference turned on and then the auto numbering, for the next invoice, AR looks for gaps in the Invoice numbering sequence and then uses these invoice numbers even if you were on 00001542 and there is no record of an Invoice as far back as 00000022.

Using Add-Ons is also looking for gaps in the Invoice numbering sequency and using very old numbers.  As the ATO requires unique identifiers, it could become problematic as it would appear to be a duplication of Invoice numbers because of 2 different files that have been used v19 & v2017. to record the sales of the business.

I am not the only one with this issue.

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User seqtt
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

32Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Auto Invoice Number Problem

We're having similar issues in the online AccountRight