1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Auto build help

I am new to Auto-build and need help with a set up question sorry.

We have various components to that make up each product we sell. We buy each component separately and then combine to make one product to sell. At the moment, our inventory system only records units bought & sold of one of these components and the other 5 components are coded to general COGS accounts (ie. not allocated to product COGS account on sale but rather allocated to a general COGS account at the time of purchase of those components).

I want to set up auto-build so that each sale of our product picks up 1 of each component at the time of sale of the product and allocates the costs to the product COGS account.

Do I need to set up a new Item code for each product and then add each component to this new Item for the Autobuild? Or can I use the Item codes we are currently using for our sales (which is only 1 component of the product) and then add the other components onto the Autobuild for this already existing Item code?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
1,035 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,035Posts

141Kudos

127Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Auto build help

Hi @BNS 

In order to build an item you will need to create an item for each component and for the finished item.

This support note, Auto-Building items , explains how to use the Auto-Build function.  You may also find these support notes helpful -

Creating items 

Building items 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post