Partner Zone

Autobuild not useful when a component is not in stock

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SusieP
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Autobuild not useful when a component is not in stock

Hi

We have recently migrated from Premier v19 to Accountright Live 2020.1.

We have some inventory items that we autobuild.

In Premier, if a component item was not in stock (ie had 0 current inventory) you could still click to build the result item and then adjust the component item to a substitute item that is in stock on the actual autobuild inventory adjustment screen. This was really helpful for short term substitutes.

It appears that Accountright Live 2020.1 does not permit this. We were trying to build an item but the screen was not navigating away (no useful error - just not going anywhere). Our investigation has led us to believe that a component part having 0 inventory is the cause as when we changed the configuration of the item to not include the out of stock item, we were able to proceed. This means we can't do a once-off substitution, we have to change the configuration of the item each time. We feel that this is a step backwards as it is not as flexible and more time consuming. If this is functioning as MYOB would like it to function then please can it be changed to at least provide a useful error message.

Happy to be told this is becuase of another reason if our investigations are incorrect!

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Autobuild not useful when a component is not in stock

Hi @SusieP 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered their assistance with your enquiry.

Just testing the auto-build process in AccountRight v19 versus version 2020.1 when it comes to auto-build items with insufficient stock on hand. From my testing, the process does seem the same. For example: My auto-build item is made of two items (Item #1 and Item #2), when preparing that auto-build there is no stock of Item #2. After entering the Quantity to build in the Auto-Build Items window, I can select the Build Items option. The system will then create the necessary Build Items transaction to which I can modify i.e. add in the necessary substitute item. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

SusieP
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Autobuild not useful when a component is not in stock

Thank you Stephen

We have tested again and it is working as it used to. Presumably we had some sort of connectivity issue on the day of my original post which prevented it from progressing.

Thank you for replying.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post