Automatic insertion of a negative amount for fees deducted Receive Money

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HeatherG
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Automatic insertion of a negative amount for fees deducted Receive Money

3rd post of the day with little issues.  In the days prior to many version upgrades, when doing a Receive money it would automatically insert the amount deducted for bank fees but now I have to type it in.  For example, we receive the net amount (say $98.50) from AMEX, record the Gross amount in the Amex code (say $100 paid by customer), tab down to the Credit Card Charge code and if I tabbed it would automatically put in the out of balance figure deducted for fees (say -$1.50 in this example).  Not anymore, I need to type it in.  What happened to that feature? 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Automatic insertion of a negative amount for fees deducted Receive Money

Hi @HeatherG 

Thanks for your post. I have just tried this in 2020.2 and the -$1.50, as per your example, was automatically entered once I selected the Bank Charges account: 

rm.PNG

They only time I had to manually change that fees amount (-1.50) was when I saved the transaction as recurring and then used the recurring transaction.

Creating a new transaction did self-balance by automatically filling the next line.

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HeatherG
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Automatic insertion of a negative amount for fees deducted Receive Money

Alright thanks.  This is a recurring transaction as I can use it about a dozen times in one bank reconciliation.  It has always been a recurring transaction in my 14 years here, so somewhere along the line of updating versions, it ceased working with recurring transactions. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post