Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Backorder invoice number is the same as orginal invoice number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User perfect
64 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
perfect
Contributing Cover User

64Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Backorder invoice number is the same as orginal invoice number

Hi there

When we send part of an order out to a customer. We put backorder items on backorder and convert it to invoice. Then a separate order will be generated with the same invoice number. It's okay. Though it is a bit inconvenient as you cannot see the item on backorder till you print out. But the issue is later when i have the backordered item and wants to send out. When I convert the order to invoice, the invoice number will stay as the same. That means this new invoice number would be the same as the original invoice number. It will be a big issue to us and to the customer.

Is there a solution?

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,072 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31072Posts

3927Kudos

4525Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Backorder invoice number is the same as orginal invoice number

Hi @Perfect

AccountRight has a preference that allows the invoice number to be retained on backorders. This can be found via Setup>>Preferences>>Sales>>Retain Original Invoice Number on Backorders. What happens with this is it would take that invoice number recorded on the original invoice for both that invoice and then the backordered invoice. When you convert that backorder invoice into an invoice as it has the invoice number the same as the original one it will keep that number.  This is because the invoice number will not get changed when you convert an order to an invoice.

If the preference is not ticked when you have an invoice that goes into backorder the invoice number on the backorder is taken from the next number in the sequence. This would allow that order that gets generated to have a different invoice number and therefore when you convert it the invoice number will be different to the original.

In other words if the preference is ticked all the invoices generated off that one invoice (i.e. all backorder invoices) would have the same invoice number. If the preference is not ticked any backorder items will be placed on an order with the next invoice number in the sequence.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post