Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

I see that the issue of MOYB / Accountright not automatically calculating backorder quantities for partial shipments has been raised on this forum before. I just want to add my voice to this chorus. I was using MS-DOS based accounting systems in the 1980s that automatically wrote remaining quantities to be delivered into the backorder column when sales or purchases were partially delivered. It's got to be the most basic maths imaginable for a computer. Yet our $140 per MONTH subscription doesn't pay for this basic functionality in 2021. 

Can you understand why Xero got so big, even though it entered the market so much later than MYOB?

Pull your socks up, MYOB, and get this done.  It cannot possibly be a difficult thing.

12 REPLIES 12
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

We are aware that the backorder quantities will not automatically be calculated when a shipping amount is entered. This has been something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation for a future release. At this time, we don't have any further information in relation to when that fixed build will be available, however, I have registered your comments on this Forum on your account for our teams to be aware of.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

193Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

Don't ever expect this issue to be addressed.

The answer from MYOB should have been "We have no interest in fixing / addressing this issue / bug"
Myob's answer in the past has always been "it has was by design and not a bug".

I even offered to pay for some of these issues including this one to be address in a future released.

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Well that's a **bleep**. But at least I know I'm not doing something wrong. :-(

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response. Perhaps the software team can advise WHY they don't automatically calculate backorder quantities? At least if I know the rationale behind it, then perhaps I won't think of it as purely lazy or poor programming. 

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I do think that for over $1500 per year + GST, the speed issues have never been resolved, and this lack of any willingness to update extremely basic functionality of the software means I will send out some enquiries for alternatives today. Just a wee bit fed up with not getting value for money, and I think I've been silly to wait for things to be fixed. We'll see if there's any viable alternatives out there for similar money.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

While taking aspects of the previous AccountRight range (AccountRight Classic v19), the AccountRight 20xx product range was built from the ground up. Currently, the automatic updating of those backorder numbers for stock is something that is not included in the AccountRight 20xx product range. However, as it's a much loved and user-friendly feature of AccountRight Classic, it is something that we have passed onto the required team to look into re-adding back to the product range with the AccountRight 20xx releases.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Built from the ground up, but done poorly. Now I find that I can't even edit a payment date on a closed purchase anymore. I entered a payment date, and it took a few extra days for the tap-and-pay transaction to actually go through. Nothing I can do to edit the date of the payment by a few days without deleting the entire purchase order. Changing to Xero after this financial year. I just feel totally and utterly ripped off by MYOB. You have failed at every turn and have no ethical or moral issues with charging $140 when you know how hard it is for people to change. But change I will, because I want to rid myself of this horrible, unethical, rip-off organisation.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

By default, AccountRight 2021 will allow users to update the date on closed bills.

However, there are some circumstances when that field will be greyed out and not able to be changed. The common two being:

• Setup>>Preferences>>Security - Transactions Can't be Changed; They Must be Reversed is enabled.
  • The transaction is recorded in a previous financial year  (prior to AccountRight 2020.2)

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I think you are the only one in your organisation who cares, Steven as you are the only one who ever responds. So thank you.

1. "Transactions CAN'T be changed" is unticked. As it has been these past years.

2. Transaction was entered as 5-Mar-2021 payment date, and it's only gone into the bank account today, 9-Mar-2021. I like my accounts to be correct, so I just wanted to edit that. No EOFY, no BAS. no bank reconciliation in the meantime.

I have noticed since the last update, some message keeps coming up when I enter a supplier payment that some debit entry is being made, I have no idea what that means. I didn't change the setup. I have this overwhelming fatigue of unexpected software changes. I am in electronics, I am not a book keeper. I cannot afford a book keeper, but the requirements on small business owners are becoming too difficult for us to keep up with. Don't want to close my doors just because I can't hire a book keeper, it seems wrong.

With this latest issue, it will be related to the order I have done things in with this purchase order, which was:
1. Enter purchase order as an order.
2. Enter payment, as the supplier requires payment. This becomes a deposit in MYOB.
3. Goods arrive with a real invoice, so I change it to a bill. It's closed, because of the prepayment.
4. Checking the bank account, I see that the payment went through 4 days later, so I want to edit that one simple, easy, trivial detail. But no, it's all greyed out. No way to enter true, accurate, correct information.
5. Leave wrong information in the system, and move on. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post