2 Posts
Cover User
PattTech
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Reconciliation Errors

HI! Hoping someone may assist. Have only been using MYOB since start ofthis Fin Year ad am teaching myself along the way.  At the start in the Bank feeds/reconciliation, I had made some errors - transactions were all correct, however, I have a customer who pays a group payment on behalf of several facilities. I have now learnt how these should be handled with the bank rec - I hide the transaction (group total) in bank feeds, and then check off the individual invoice payments in the reconciliation screen. That is all fine, however when I first started i didnt do this and I have several transactions in the reconciliation screen that i cant get rid of from the start of the fin year.  Am I able to remove/delete these somehow?  When I close off this fin year, will they dissappear?   Hopefully you understand what Im saying and can offer some advice?  Many thanks!!

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,407 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8407Posts

897Kudos

1177Solutions

Re: Bank Reconciliation Errors

Hi @PattTech

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

In terms of transactions that appear in the Reconcile Accounts window, there are only two ways to remove them from that window. The first is to include them within a reconciliation, which will remove them and show them as part of that reconciliation. The other is to delete the transaction from your file. Deleting the transaction would remove it from the Reconcile Accounts window but also from everywhere in your file.

If these errors have been made within the current financial year, then the best way to resolve this would be to go delete and redo the original incorrect transaction with the correct method. Once this has been corrected then the reconciliation will need to be corrected. To do this you will need to undo all of the reconciliations going back to that point, correct the original reconciliation and then redo the reconciliations going forward.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
PattTech
2 Posts
Cover User
PattTech
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil!  Info provided really helps. Could I ask though - when I close off this FIN year and start a new year, will these transactions still show when I do my reconciliation for the next coming year? 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,407 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8407Posts

897Kudos

1177Solutions

Hi @PattTech

When you close off a financial year it generally doesn’t clear the Reconcile Accounts window. This means that if you had unreconciled transactions at the end of one financial year and closed off that financial year, the unreconciled transactions would still be visible in the Reconcile Accounts window after closing off the financial year

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post