Bank Register account column recording as split

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnneL2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Register account column recording as split

When I enter a sale and then recieve the payment, the bank register records the account as split when its not supposed to. The bank register aslo records both the sale and the payment and they both cancel each other out. 

Does it have something to do with the linked accounts?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Register account column recording as split

Hi @AnneL2 

When looking at the Bank Register, if the transaction has been placed against multiple accounts the Account column will show as Split. So, having a split is a normal situation in that window.

The more pressing situation is having your sales in the Bank Register. Normally, you would only have banking transactions in that window, having your sales transactions in that window is commonly caused by having the linked accounts set oddly. My recommendation would be to go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales Accounts - what is the Asset Account for Tracking Receivables? If that is the main bank account this would be the cause of that situation. You would typically have that set to be a different account like the Trade Debtors or Accounts Receiveable Account. If you have the main bank account set it would be forcing sale transactions to go against the bank account thus appear in the Bank Register, using a separate account for your receivable tracking acts as a buffer for those. 

Note: This would correct transactions going forward, past transactions would need to be deleted and re-entered. Payments would need to be deleted prior to the invoices. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post