Bank Register asking for a supplier or employee card when entering manually - error message can not enter normally

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jules_pratty
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Jules_pratty
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Register asking for a supplier or employee card when entering manually - error message can not enter normally

Never had a problem previously, now error message coming up, you have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. a supplier or emplyee card must be assigned to all electronic payments?  Can not enter any transactions manually at present which is creating a problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner Dee-Workman
812 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner

1157Posts

857Kudos

252Solutions

Re: Bank Register asking for a supplier or employee card when entering manually - error message can not enter normally

Hi @Jules_pratty

Not quite sure exactly how you are entering, but if you are doing a spend money and at the top you have "Group with Electronic Payments" and not a bank account, it will need a card selected so it can pick up the supplier bank account etc.  If you are just doing spend money transactions through the bank register, make sure you have the bank account selected at the top and then you won't be required to select a card.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Jules_pratty
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Jules_pratty
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Register asking for a supplier or employee card when entering manually - error message can not enter normally

Thanks I will try this and see how I go.  I am using the Spend Money in the Bank Register as we are only a small business.  Just concerned as I have never had this error message come up before.  Thanks again  Julianne

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forum @Jules_pratty, and thank you for your enquiry. I hope you find the forum a valuable resource in getting the most of your software.

As Dee mentioned, when entering Spend Money transactions, if you chose 'Group with Electronic Payments' from the top, then you would need to select a Supplier or Employee card for this transaction. Customer cards will not be accepted as you cannot store bank account details for electronic payments in customer cards.

Now if you have already chosen 'Pay from Account' at the top, please also make sure the selected bank account is not set as the linked account for Electronic Payment, otherwise this transaction will still be considered as an electronic payment transaction. To check that please go to Setup > Linked Accounts > Accounts & Banking Linked Accounts > Bank Account for Electronic Payments, please make sure the account linked here is not the bank account.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post