Bank Rejected Part of Electronic Payment - How Do I Record in MYOB?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DominiqueK
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Rejected Part of Electronic Payment - How Do I Record in MYOB?

Hello,

I uploaded an Electronic Payment (ABA file) to our bank, with 6 separate payments for purchases of $100.00 each, from the same supplier card, totalling $600.00. They are separate because there were 6 different bank accounts - 6 different clients from the same program. The payment was processed, and shows as $600.00 coming out of our account.

One of the clients had provided incomplete bank details. Which meant that the next day 1 of those payments bounced back, showing as $100.00 coming in to our account. 

We then included the payment to the correct bank details in the next payment for the supplier card, again 6 payments of $100.00 totalling $600.00 (coincidence). But this was done directly from the bank account, not by using an ABA file.  This shows as $600.00 coming out of our account.

I can't reverse the Electronic Payment as that would show as $600.00 coming in to our account.

I tried doing a credit note in purchases but I can't use Pay Bills to reconcile that transaction.

Does anyone know how I could record this so that the balance on the card?

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Bank Rejected Part of Electronic Payment - How Do I Record in MYOB?

Hi @DominiqueK 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. When an individual payment that is included in an electronic payment is rejected you would reverse the original payment transaction. In your situation, this would be the Pay bills transaction. 

The Pay bills reversal will be listed in the Prepare electronic payments window, select the reversal, click on Bank file and click OK to record the electronic payment transaction. You can match this negative electronic payment transaction with the deposit in the bank account.

Then reprocess the Pay bills transaction and include this transaction in the new electronic payment.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DominiqueK
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Rejected Part of Electronic Payment - How Do I Record in MYOB?

Thank you for your reply. 

I ended up using the Returns and Debits feature in the Purchase Register. 

I created a new invoice first for a negative amount equal to the refund, then received the refund through the Returns and Debits.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post