Bill Delivery Status - Remittance Advise cannot be changed to be resent due to lock period

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Laura85
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bill Delivery Status - Remittance Advise cannot be changed to be resent due to lock period

Hi there,  

I would need to email remittance advises pre lock period date but I can't change the delivery method from the invoice "Bill Delivery Status" (to email remittance advise). I lock my periods monthly/quarterly and sometimes I need to provide remittance to supplier who needs to locate our payment. 

When going to change the Bill Delivery Status to email, I get the warning message that nope you can't because its in a lock period! Can this be changed that remittance advises does not link to the actual purchase order date? 

If I go to print the Remittance Advise out (which in this case if my only choice), the Remittance Advise is at a MYOB default form format and not in my customised form format.

Very painful!

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,687 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,687Posts

4,366Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bill Delivery Status - Remittance Advise cannot be changed to be resent due to lock period

Hi @Laura85 

When you record a transaction be it a remittance advice, a bill, an invoice... there is a delivery status of that transaction. This typically set in the bottom left of the transaction and denotes how that transaction will appear in the corresponding Print/Email window. Note: The payment transaction's delivery status is not based on the original transaction's delivery status i.e. the Remittance advice status is different to that of the bill's delivery status.

In terms of updating a delivery status you can go into the associated transaction and update the transaction's delivery status accordingly. However, do note that this prompts the transaction to be refreshed so if the transaction has been recorded in a current locked period then you would need to unlock that period prior to opening the transaction.

Depending on the current delivery status of the transaction and what tab of the Print/Email window you are needing them on, you could go into the Print/Email>>Advanced Filters. Within this window, there is the option for Unprinted or Unsent items only, by unselecting that option it will bring up transactions that are set to be Already Printed or Sent. So, in your case, if you printed a remittance advice out and the supplier does require another copy you can go into the Print/Email Remittance Advice window, select Advanced Filters, untick Unprinted or unsent items only before selecting OK, that transaction will then reappear in the list ready for re-printing. Note: Unprinting or unsent items will bring up all transactions so you might like to add in another filter i.e. date, cheque number, supplier...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post