Vivienne1

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't apply credit note to an open supplier invoice

Hello

I'm using Account Right Plus AU2019.1.0

I have an open invoice and an open credit when I want to apply the credit - the invoice does not show in the credit window.

I checked the security preferences and both the items for - Lock period and transactions can't be changed-  are both unticked.

I went into the payment window and I got a message that there is outstanding credit memos. So I clicked on Apply credits and received an error - AR Plus was unable to automatically appy the credit memos to the open invoice.

Could you please help with that? I could not find any solutions available for the same problem on the Community page. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11574Posts

1327Kudos

1627Solutions

Re: Can't apply credit note to an open supplier invoice

Hi @Vivienne1 

Do you use Categories in this company file? If you do, is the same category selected for both the invoice and the credit note?

When a category is assigned to a credit note, that credit note can then only be applied to invoices with a matching category. If the category differed on the invoice it wouldn’t be able to be seen when trying to apply the credit to an invoice

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Vivienne1
3 Posts
User
Vivienne1

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil 

Thanks for replying me . Just found out that we used different categories. So if in this case, how to fix the problem or any alternatives? We have locked the prior periods since the book bas been closed, no any changes allowed.  Thanks heaps.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11574Posts

1327Kudos

1627Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI @Vivienne1 

To fix the problem, both the invoice and credit note need to have the same category assigned to them. The easiest way to resolve this would be to edit either the invoice or the credit to have the corresponding category.

The only other option would be to record a reversal of the transaction with the incorrect category and then reenter it with the same information and correct category. The reversal and new transaction should cancel each other out in terms of the balances on the accounts

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post