Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can't delete an electronic payment

SOLVED.

I paid a bill electronically yesterday.  Then I realized I should have put a future date on it.  So, I'm trying to delete it so I can change the date and create a new bank file.  But, the transaction is greyed out.  I have checked all the security settings and they're as they should be.  WHY is it not letting me do this?

HELP please.

2 hours later

I think it's something to do with this:

The transaction is Electronic CLearing A/c CR and Trade Creditors DR.

WHereas some other payments I made yesterday are:

Chq a/c CR; Trade CReditors DR

Have I done something differently?  I didn't think so.  My usual process is to Pay bills. Click the electronic transactions.  Then Prepare electronic transactions.

Really need to sort this out urgently.  Please help if you know what my issue is.  Ta

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

534Posts

78Kudos

69Solutions

Re: Can't delete an electronic payment

Hi @MelBee 

The possible reasons for a greyed out zoom arrow are -

• security settings
  • the transaction is part of an Electronic Payment, Prepare Bank Deposit or Pay Liabilities transaction
  • the transaction is part of a pay super transaction

As you've already ruled out the security settings are correct you should be able to delete your electronic payment transaction.  Can I just confirm that you are trying to delete the electronic payment and not an individual pay bill transaction?

When you tick Electronic Payment in the Pay Bills window the payment will be paid from the electronic clearing account. When you go to Prepare Electronic Payments and create the ABA file, the payment is transfered from the electronic clearing account to appear as a withdrawal in your bank account for reconciliation.

The payments you made yesterday that are showing as a CR in your cheque account mean the ABA file was created and the final step in the MYOB process was completed ie transfer from electronic clearing to bank account.

If payments are still showing in the electronic clearing account that final process has not been completed and those transactions should still be in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post