AuswideAccounts
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't delete/reverse customer payment in order to allocate to right account

Hi everyone.. i'm stuck!

We have a closed sale invoice in our system.
There is a payment made for $23,435 that is supposed to be allocated to our "Trade in Account".
MYOB is not letting me delete this payment, nor reverse it when i change our settings in preferences.

I open the invoice, go to 'history', and can open the payment because the arrow is blue. However, the next screen it takes me to, the arrow is greyed out.

When i go to the edit drop down bar, the option for 'reverse payment' is greyed out (all options are greyed out except for 'recap transaction'.

HELP!? I have attached a couple of images below.

Thanks!

abc.PNG
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
abc1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Can't delete/reverse customer payment in order to allocate to right account

Hi @AuswideAccounts

Looking at the screenshots, the payment was made against the transaction when it was at an order stage which has since been converted across to an invoice. You can tell this due to the "Transfer from deposit" transactions. When you record an order no accounts are affected, it's only when you convert that across to an invoice that the accounts are affected. When you make a payment on that order it places those values into holding until you convert it across to an invoice - hence the Transfer from deposit.

Now, in terms of deleting/reverse that customer payment you are unable to do so as the payment has occurred before the invoice and you can't delete the invoice as payments have been applied to it. What you would be looking at doing is reversing out the invoice, which will create a credit note which in turn you can pay a refund on. This will cancel out what has occurred and take you back to square one so you can record the invoice and payment again if required. Our Help Article: Customer deposits outlines the process in full.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
MarySKGroup
1 Post
User
MarySKGroup

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I only need to change the date of payment, and my invoice is dated earlier than the payment date.  How can i do this?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @MarySKGroup 

When a payment transaction that has been made on an order and that order has since been converted to an invoice, that payment transaction will be locked and changes are not able to be made. This does the date on the payment is not able to be changed. 

You would be looking at reversing the invoice and pay a refund, which will take you back to square one. You would then be able to enter that invoice and payment again. More information on that process can be found on Help Article: Customer deposits 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post