Can't generate remittance advice for Spend Money transaction, when recorded from recurring transaction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Partner Trav9999
70 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

70Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

Can't generate remittance advice for Spend Money transaction, when recorded from recurring transaction

I feel like I'm going crazy here!

I've recorded plenty of Banking -> Spend Money transactions in my time.

I can go into Print/Email Remittance Advice, and generate an emailed or printed remittance advice.

I'm aware of making sure the payment type is Spend Money, use the advanced filters to show advice that has been flagged as Already Emailed/Already Printed, etc.

I've setup a Spend Money to automatically record 3x transactions at the start of the month 2 days ago was the first run. I cannot get the remittance advice to print or email. I've played with the "Cheque Already Printed" option, and the "Remittance Advice Delivery Status" of the transaction. I compared this to other spend money transactions, and cannot see any difference to previous ones manually recorded. They appear identical (except for the date). The only difference is they were recorded as a recurring transaction.

What's going on here?!

I've just reviewed other Spend Money recurring transactions, and while i can see some previous remittance advices, something has changed and these are also affected. Refer screen dump of the monthly debit from MYOB themselves.... There was probably another price rise 6 months ago. Adjusted the recurring transaction amount, and since that time 6 months ago - not able to generate remittance advice. 

Capture.PNG
7 REPLIES 7
70 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

70Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can't generate remittance advice for Spend Money transaction, when recorded from recurring transaction

@Steven_M

Any chance you can assist?

70 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

70Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can't generate remittance advice for Spend Money transaction, when recorded from recurring transaction

@Jake_N  - You replied to one of my other posts, thanks. Any chance of some help with this?

Thanks, 

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,013Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Trav9999

I've been looking into this one and I was able to replicate the same problems you're reporting. From looking at it deeper I found that the Remittance Advice Window does not show Spend Money transactions recorded from Recurring Transactions either created as "Use Recurring" or as Automatically recorded transactions. Regardless of the Filters used or the Delivery Status on the Spend Money transaction itself.

I've now collected the details on this and have reported this to the Development Teams here to investigate the cause of this.

I don't have any ETA on when this will have a resolution however I shall keep your post up to date as I receive more information.

Currently the only workaround I have for this would be to print the Remittance Advice using the Spend Money transaction window.

I do apologise for the troubles this causes.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
70 Posts
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

70Posts

89Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Haydes

I've tried your work around. Without success Smiley Sad

Every single option under the Print menu, was prompting "Any changes you have made will be saved before printing." Clicking OK, the dialog box closes and nothing happens.

Is this another glitch, or related to the same recurring transaction one.

Any chance of some sort of reimbursement/compensation for every bug found and reported? This would be a good incentive for the development team to test thorougly before release. And to also fix mistakes promptly.

Capture.PNG
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

556Kudos

0Solutions

@Trav9999 your latest post is a separate problem.

just tested the details on this thread and @Haydes's workaround works for me which leads me to believe:

1. software is trying to save any changes before printing (as it normally does)
  2. something's interfering with the process

try testing in clearwater. myob help note: Using the sample company file

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,013Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Trav9999

I've just did some further testing and I was able to print the Remittance Advice for my Spend Money transactions, this would suggest the same as what @sholt73 mentioned.

As it's stating that it needs to save the changes before printing sounds like it's thinking there is a change to the record as it brings to bring up the Printer Options and stopping it.

Just in case it's not referring to Cached information, could you try clearing the AccountRight cache and see if this works for that?

To Clear the AccountRight Cache:

1. Open your Start Menu

2. Type: %localappdata%

3. Open the %localappdata% folder:

temp.png

4. Open the MYOB Folder.

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the Version folder (E.g: 2018.2)

7. Open the Cache folder

8. Delete all files in this folder.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced User BevSmith
20 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

this occurs for all Spend Money transactions, not just automatic or recurring. Very frustrating. and on top of this you can't choose which form you use (the default doesn't have the company logo)

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post