Cannot delete a purchase order

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Elizabeth3
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot delete a purchase order

I am having trouble deleting old purchases which were never used. When I click on Edit, rather than the drop-down menu offering "Delete Purchase", it offers only "Reverse Purchase". I am also unable to change these orders to bring their values down to zero. 

I have tried a few things, including changing the Security preferences in Setup, but they were already as they should have been with no restrictions on changing transactions. I did try to reverse a purchase then delete that reversal, but it will not allow me to delete that reversal to enable me to get back to where I started.

When I entered a new test order just now, it allowed me to delete it again, so I'm guessing that the problem is with the age of the orders (and that the new reversal is also tied to it).  

Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Cannot delete a purchase order

Hi @Elizabeth3 

Thanks for your post. Besides the security preference you mentioned, the other factors that will stop you from deleting transactions are your user role, the transaction must be in the current financial year and can't be in a locked period. If those purchases are in a previous financial year I would recommend speaking to your accountant about the best way to handle those transactions.

This help article has more information on deleting transactions: Deleting a transaction 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Elizabeth3
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cannot delete a purchase order

Thanks for your reply Tracey.

I am the Admin so that is not an issue, however, the transactions go all the way back to 2009 and 2010. I have in the meantime, however, been able to sort this issue using the method outlined here in an old thread.

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Deleting-Reversing-Incorrect-Purchase...

Thanks again Smiley Happy 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post