Cannot delete or reverse transactions wrongly listed in Prepare Electronic Payments window

Kangashoovians
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot delete or reverse transactions wrongly listed in Prepare Electronic Payments window

A number of transactions from a single batch payment dated some weeks ago have reappeared in the Prepare Electronic Transactions list. When I drill down with the blue arrow, they show as closed (which is correct) so I need to remove these transactions from the list in my window. However, when I Reverse or Delete these transactions, either nothing happens or the window closes without actioning the request.

All I want to do is remove these from my payments list.

These transactions are ghosts. Who am I gonna call?

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,391 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,391Posts

342Kudos

518Solutions

Re: Cannot delete or reverse transactions wrongly listed in Prepare Electronic Payments window

Hi @Kangashoovians 

In order to get rid of unwanted transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, you can change the linked account for electronic payments.

This involves creating a new electronic payment account and setting that as a banking account for electronic payments. This account can be created via Accounts>>Accounts list .  Once it has been created, go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>>Set that new account to be the Bank Account for Electronic Payments. As there would be no new transactions in that new account, the Prepare Electronic Payments window will be blank. Any new transactions recorded will go into that account and be shown in that Prepare Electronic Payments window ready for processing. This process does not affect anything else.

Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kangashoovians
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot delete or reverse transactions wrongly listed in Prepare Electronic Payments window

Thanks for your reply.

If I follow your directions, will I basically be leaving the current Prepare Payments window sitting somewhere in the shadows? Surely I should be able to delete these incorrect transactions ...?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,391 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,391Posts

342Kudos

518Solutions

Hi @Kangashoovians 

If those transactions have been reported to the ATO, they cannot be deleted and can be reversed only. When you change the linked account for electronic payments, all those transactions are attached to the old linked account and hence do not appear in the window.  But if you do not wish to do that, and cant delete/reverse the transaction, please send us the error log/message you get when the system crashes.

If there is no error, you can attach the diagnostic log as it would have all the details. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post