Cash Out with EFTPOS Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
2J_Bookkeeper
Partner
16 Posts
Partner
Australia

16Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cash Out with EFTPOS Purchases

One of my clients gives cash out to its customers when a purchase is made.  I've created a liability account for cash out but my question is, how do I know when the cash out has been deposited into the bank?  I need to clear my cash out account back to zero but if I don't know when the funds have been reimbursed to the business, I can't clear the account. Does anyone know how the banks do this?  Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cash Out with EFTPOS Purchases

Hi @2J_Bookkeeper 

Thanks for your post.  From my days as a bookkeeper and as a treasurer for a football club that did a lot of cash out, the cash out amount is included in the eftpos total. So if the sale amount is $100 and the cash out is $50, the total eftpos amount is $150, which is deposited into the bank on the next business day. The eftpos deposit amount is increased by the cash out amounts and the cash takings are decreased by the cash out amounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

2J_Bookkeeper
Partner
16 Posts
Partner
Australia

16Posts

2Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Cash Out with EFTPOS Purchases

Ahhh.. .yes that makes sense.  Thanks so much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post