Change a payment date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lorna_A
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change a payment date

Hi,

I have minimal knowledge of MYOB Account Right Plus and need some help please.

I have entered a customer payment which I am now unable to change as I entered it while it was still an order and it is now an invoice.

I just need to change the date the payment was received by the customer. I can't delete the invoice as a payment has been applied to it, or the payment as seen in the attached picture where everything is greyed out.

Thank you

myob.png
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,730 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,730Posts

1,499Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Change a payment date

Hi Lorna_A

Welcome to the MYOB community forumSmiley Happy

Unfortunately you have just encountered one of the most difficult bugs to rectify as a new user or even experienced user of MYOB.  My apologies in advanceSmiley Sad.   Below is some instructions on how to fix this. Grab yourself a coffee first you will be in for a long haul!   

Also please click on this link and vote for it to be fixed.  AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Sales-Order-Function-ability-to-reverse-delete-or-edit-a-payment

In order to amend the sale (Even as simple as changing the date)

1. Click on Set up from the toolbar menu, click preferences, click on security tab and put a tick on <Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed>
  2. Now locate the original sale and click into the sale
  3. Click on Edit from the toolbar menu and then click reverse
  4. Click Record Reversal
  5. Now go into your sales command centre, click on sales register and click on the <Returns and Credits Tab>
  6. The reversed sale should be displayed.  Click on Apply to sale
  7. Now click Pay Refund for the amount of the payment.  (This will reverse the deposit from your bank account)
  8. Finally now you will need to re-enter the sale in again and apply the correct payment and date.

Hopefully this is helpful for you.    Word out to MYOB developers to fix this please

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Lorna_A
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change a payment date

Thank you BooksInTheCloud!

I have voted for the issue to be fixed. I am just about to go make myself that coffee :smileyvery-happy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post