Change to Item Number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
InterlineBrie
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Change to Item Number

We currently have most of our buy-ins set up so that the MYOB Item Number is the suppliers code.

We are now buying from multiple suppliers and I would like to change the Item Number to be something generic and meaningful to us.

When I go to change the Item Number it comes up with Information message about sales and purchases being affected by this change. What does that mean?

I also want to update the Item Number for some parts we make inhouse that were set up wrong. And once again that message pops up. What affect will changing this number have? Will it cause reports to not run properly or what?

WarningMessage.JPG
1 REPLY 1
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Change to Item Number

Hi @InterlineBrie 

This message is simply telling you that if you view an old invoice where this item was included, it will now show with the new Item Number. All references to the old Item Number will be changed to references to the new Item Number, as if the old item Number never existed.

If you want to keep the old Item Number in the system for old invoices, you will need to create a new Item with the referred Item Number instead of changing the Item Number.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post