Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Changing default "account to use" when I do a service invoice

I hope someone can give me an idea how to fix this:

When using a service invoice, the default Account Name comes up automatically.  I would like to change the existing default account to another default one.  How can I do that please?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,538Posts

769Kudos

879Solutions

Re: Changing default "account to use" when I do a service invoice

Hi @PF_1 

Thanks for your post. Can I clarify if you are referring to the Account No field in the Sales Window:

acc.PNG

If so, you can set the default account no for each customer by opening their card>>click on Selling details tab and select the account in the Income Account field.

If you are referring to a different field please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PF_1
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Yes, that is correct.  My set-up just shows account name instead of the account number.  Our customers are all set up with Item Invoices which uses the correct income account.  As soon as we want to use the same customer, but issue a service invoice instead, it shows a default income account which is different from what we want to use.  I want to change that for all customers, it will be impossible to do it for each one individually.  Do I have to do a export of them all, change and then import again?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,538 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,538Posts

769Kudos

879Solutions

Hi @PF_1 

You can set the default income account system wide in Setup>>Easy Setup Assistant>>Sales>>Selling Details. Or you can set the income account for each customer in their card>>Selling Details tab>>Income Account. The account selected in the customer card will override the account selected in the Easy Setup Assistant.

The default account when entering an Item invoice comes from Inventory>>Items List>>Item card>>Income Account for Tracking Sales.

To set a default account when entering a Service invoice you will need to select that account in the employee card. This help article has detailed information on updating cards: Bulk update customer and supplier cards

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post