Experienced Cover User
Wolshaz
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cloning Invoices

Hi, I do annual servicing and the info on the invoices is pretty much the same.  Can I clone previous invoices in AR, so it will create a new invoice number so I can make the minor changes then save as a new invoice?

thanks

Sharon

4 REPLIES 4
Trusted User Robert_Mitchell
98 Posts
Trusted User
Robert_Mitchell
Trusted User

101Posts

30Kudos

7Solutions

Re: Cloning Invoices

I think you will find that the Recurring transactions will be suitable for this. If you go back into one of your invoices, you will see an option to Save as Recurring at the bottom of the screen. Click on this (or press Alt V) and then enter the information for the template - I suggest taking out "Sale" at the beginning of the Recurring Transaction Name so that you can search by customer name. I also suggest that you tick the "Save my changes when I record this recurring transaction" so that the last transaction you saved comes up on the next entry. Once you have Saved this and want to enter a new invoice then you can click on Use Recurring (or Alt U) and bring up a list of recurring transactions to choose from. Ctrl T will also bring up a list of Recurring Transactions but this includes any other Recurring Transactions you have so may be a bit harder to find the transaction. 

Cheers

Robert

MYOB Moderator Maxine_BC
841 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Maxine_BC
MYOB Moderator

849Posts

156Kudos

128Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hey @Wolshaz,

Thanks for the post.

You can do this by setting up a recurring transaction. I am linking you to a help article that shows you how to do this- Setting up recurring transactions.

As shown in the image below, you can set the transaction frequency to annually to suit your needs.

recurring.png

I hope this helps. If it does, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to sing out again.

Cheers,
Maxine

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Wolshaz
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Wolshaz
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Maxine

I did look at the Recurring Transaction tab, but was a bit unsure if it would automatically emailed the invoices.  I think the link is saying that it only records the invoice and then I can email/print when I am ready? I was actually wanting something that I could "do on the fly" because I match the invoice numbers to a docket, but I will give the RT a go and see if it works for me .

cheers

Sharon

Experienced Cover User Wolshaz
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Wolshaz
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Robert,

I was wanting to "do it on the fly" as I go, but I will have a look and see if RT will work for me.

cheers

Sharon

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post