Connection Error when Processing Electonic Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User hanna_T
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
hanna_T
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Connection Error when Processing Electonic Payments

Have tried about 30 times to process electronic payments from different computers but keep getting Connection Error, despite completely shutting down my computer and restarting.  Very frustrating -unable to process payments to my suppliers??

11 REPLIES 11
Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,000 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Re: Connection Error when Processing Electonic Payments

Hi @hanna_T,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry to hear of the troubles you were facing when trying to process electronic payments. What was the connection error message you were receiving exactly and are you able to provide any screenshots? What version of the MYOB program are you using there? Also are there any anti-virus or external backup programs on the computer?

Please check this and let us know how you go as we are happy to assist further.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Contributing Cover User hanna_T
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
hanna_T
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sebastien,

I haven't found a solution to my problem yet, but have contacted Tech Support and they are investigating.

Many thanks,

Teresa

Community Manager Suja_P
2,000 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5840Posts

2130Kudos

476Solutions

Hi Teresa (@hanna_T),

Thank you very much for the update. Sorry to hear that this issue is yet to be resolved. Our technical support team will get back to you as soon as they have more information and a resolution for you.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tanya_Maureen49
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Tanya_Maureen49

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I also have had this same frustrating problem since last week, which happened after installing the latest update for AccountRight Plus 2015.4.17.5484.  Have tried multiple computers and also tried from a different location, as MYOB's technical assistance seemed to think it was to do with my internet speeds being of the borderline speed.  My internet speed was faster and more than adequate at the other location and still had the same problem.  The other possible cause being anti-virus interfering is not it either, as I do not have it.  The last advice I received from MYOB was to get a technician to "flush dns on our router" to see if impacting negatively or positively - this expense will be my last resort, as suspect this will not solve it.  Did your issue arise since updating? 

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @hanna_T @Tanya_Maureen49,

Sorry to hear you are both having connection error when processing Electronic Payments.

We are currently investigation this issue still, it seems this error only occurs when working online. Could you please check out the company file to work offline then try again, it should go through successfully. Once complete you can check in the company to work online again. 

We apologise for the inconvenience caused, and greatly appreciate your patience while we work through this issue. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tanya_Maureen49
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Tanya_Maureen49

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, I was able to checkout successfully this time, a previous attempt only gave me the connection error again. Electronic payment was successful working off-line, though after check-in further electronic payments were unsuccessful. Please keep me posted as to when this issue is resolved, as to have to check-out is not an ideal fix for us. Thank you.
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7093Posts

497Kudos

1124Solutions

You are most welcome @Tanya_Maureen49

Glad to hear you were able to check out the company file and process the electronic payments offline, for now I'm afraid they do need to be processed offline until the issue is resolved.

Our developers are still investigating this issue and working towards a solution as soon as possible, I'll let you know when we have more information.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner AntonellaV
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
AntonellaV
Partner

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Morining,

As of yesterday I have been receiving this connection error, when trying to process electronic payments.  I have the latest version of myob installed being 2015.4.1.  I have tried on several different computers and it automatically restarts once you press cancel, but every time I still get the same message, this is will be the second day of not able to complete my work and none payment Smiley Sad.  Can someone from myob help, as I urgently need to pay suppliers.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Tanya_Maureen49
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Tanya_Maureen49

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,
You have to check out your company file and work offline - this is the only way to process payments. You save the bank file while off line. Do your banking, then check your MYOB file back in when you are no longer wanting to make payments. I have been told by MYOB that poor internet connection causes this. It happens still for me from time to time. I find the connection problem usually happens in the afternoon. My internet providers are not able to do anything about this as it's a matter of your location, if it's not anything to do with your modem - perhaps check this out. Best of luck.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post