Connection error when invoicing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RobJane
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Connection error when invoicing

Connection error coming up when we are invoicing. We use inventory and at 67 lines of inventory a connection error comes up. Everything you have done before this has to be lost as there is no way of saving anything you have added before the last save .

Been in contact with Myob and what a bunch of headless chooks . Their service is appalling . It takes an hour to get them on the phone then 40mins to convince the moron that we need technical help. Then you get through to a so called technician, who is useless as well. Then  sit on the phone another hour send diagnostics and changing source coded and then finally they say they will call back in 48 hrs . But they never do. Then you call back and noone has any idea of what you are calling about . This online program is a joke . You then have to run through everything you have done until finally the first person realises it is out of their league and you go back on hold for another hour. Only to be cut off as soon as the technician answers. 

To the experts out there we have brought in an IT guy to our house and our connection is 78MPS. It never drops out. We have disabled all firewalls and all personal programs that might upset a connection. 

Then they got me to change the DNS connection code to the server. That did nothing. 

Then they got me to change in the source code of the .EXE file the settings to 3600 seconds and even add in a line for  Transaction timeout Minutes to connect. Still no good. 

What a joke. I am trying to run a business and we cannot send any invoices. But this company never call you back and do nothing to help. They should be ashamed of themselves and this product. if something isnt done very soon I will be leaving them for another program . This used to be a great program for 20 years and now it has bugs everywhere and absolutely no help. 

30 REPLIES 30
Traceo
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Unable to send invoices - MYOB keeps crashing

Hi this afternoon i am unable to send out invoices.  I get a pop up message saying something has gone wrong. I choose to restart and when i try again same thing occurs.  If i dont choose to restart and close i cannot go any further within the program. 

The report log includes: 

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException

Please advise how to fix

MYOB screen shot.PNG
Traceo
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Connection error when invoicing

Having same issue this afternoon.  Unable to send invoices and keep getting prompted to restart the program. Which doesnt help and keeps crashing when i go to send an invoice. 

MYOB screen shot.PNG
RobJane
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Traceo, 

Sorry to hear. that is a different error to what I am getting. Currently on phone for 2hrs and 2mins and still haven't got through to the first person yet. Could be out making money but this program just costs you money

GSSF
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Account Right Connection issues

Is anyone else having connection issues with MYOB Account Right?

A error keeps coming up canot connect. MYOB do you have an ETA when this error will be fixed? We are trying to run a small business and these interuptions make it extremely difficult and stressful not being able to access our company file. Please confirm when we can expect this issue resolved, Thank you 

Mummsy
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, having the same issues here. But they only started about an hour ago. Earlier today I was sending invoices normally.

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

171Posts

66Kudos

3Solutions

I received the same error after trying to add a new user to online access of MYOB...

Will be of no help to most but lately when I've received this error I clicked Close and the program didn't actually shut itself down and I was able to continue.....although I immediately saved what I was working on first...

Today's error didn't allow continuation and I had to restart MYOB.

EDIT: Received another error of a different type again, happened when about to start an import data procedure.

Saved the Error log file if anyone here at MYOB support wants to see it.

2023-01-23.png
Traceo
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Right Connection issues

at the moment it is just sending invoices i'm having connection issues with.

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
90 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

90Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

I am also having issues - every time I try and email my payslips it keeps coming up with an error "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close".

I'm getting a bit over it as I'm trying to run a small business here.

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,307 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,307Posts

193Kudos

17Solutions

Thanks, MYOB for dropping the connect for ALL your customers.

Lost so much work, sales orders, purchase orders, etc and I now have to re-enter.

Please fix your broken software.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post