Connection error when invoicing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Access21
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to send invoices - MYOB keeps crashing

This is happening to me as well - with the same error message " Something went wrong and Accountright needs to close" - i have logged out - tried to clear the cache - turned computer off to no avail - cant send out my invoices.

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

171Posts

66Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Connection error when invoicing

Just check your browser version in case it's sending invoices as a link rather than attaching a pdf. 

I had two clients with tight email security that rejected my invoice emails sent this was as no actual attachment was sent and their software bounced it.

LC500
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

It looks to be fixed 4:04pm here

Access21
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes its fixed here in WA now too - and i was able to email my invoices as normal Smiley Happy

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Right Connection issues

Oh the joys of online accounts - all online users seemed to have trouble doing anything for a few hours today. This type of thing doesn't happen often, but can be real frustrating when it does!!!

And MYOB staff seem to be difficult to track down (or hear from).

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
RobJane
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Just had a callback from the MYOB Guru after I first called them 10 days ago. His name is Kashore. Please forgive spelling.

Fixed it in 1.5Hrs and I have been totally out of action for 10 days.  If they had of just got him to call me back straight away, we could have had a wonderful feeling about MYOB and not the angry one I have about their customer care. 

The problem was in the tax calculation at the bottom of the invoices, Orders and Quotes. After the invoice had a lot of information in it the tax calculation would be carrying the small leftovers after at worked out 1/11 th of the price and then the connection error would come up. 

The solution was for you to click on the ble tax calculation , tell it to recalculate and then press OK and problem solved. Seems to fix everything. 

We also make deductions on some total inventory lines and this has fixed that up from a connection error and sometimes we get an unbalanced  error comes up. This recalculate has fixed it as well. 

Happy days for us. We hope this helps you all. Thanks for ideas you all gave us though. 

RobJane

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Apologies for the delay in reporting back on this situation.

While we were not aware of that situation occurring for all users, it does appear that some users were impacted by an Unable to Connect message and/or were unable to email as a result. This is something that we have raised with our teams who are looking into what occurred and what actions we can take away so that particular situation doesn't occur in the future.

Should you encounter an Unable to Connect message we recommend checking out Help Article: Error: Connection error as the first port of call to resolve that situation. Alternatively, do check our status page for any wider spread service disruptions.

Please note That this is in response to a service disruption that appears to have occurred late 23 January.  afternoon. Customers may experience that Unable to connect message at other times and have other situations that can cause that message to occur.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

RobJane
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thats a great answer Steven M. But totally wrong in what was happening.

There was no connection error at my end or at your end. The problem was in your program not balancing the tax put onto an item and then when it trys to save it it does not do an auto recalculate and its only way of trying to deal with this out of balance caused by the poor calculation is to put up a connection error, which results in us as customers not being able to save our work and having to waste more time trying to re enter the info.

There also is an error in your program when you use the 100% discount that comes up from time to time as well, and another error in when you try and use the minus on the number of items that causes the same connection error and at times an unbalanced transaction as well .

The MYOB program has some issues, which is fine.

But the lack of help we receive as customers is appalling. Calling up with case numbers that should take you straight through to at least a tier2 assistant straight away, only to be asked 50 questions about things the tier1 assistant has no idea about. Then finally getting through to tier2 to be finally told someone will call you back in 48hrs, next call 72hrs, next call 48hrs. Only one call ever came back exactly 7 days after my first call, which I missed as I was up a power pole. But don't worry he left a return number that was the same number that then had me going back through a tier 1, 1.5 hrs, then a tier2 who instantly cut me off. Back on the phone exactly 1.75hrs to get to the tier1 then finally at the 4.5hr mark I talked with a tier2 named Cath who was trying to help with all her heart but there was nothing she could do except prod the tier3 to call me at 7am the next day. The tier3 called 2.5hrs late and he fixed everything (that he could because the faults were in the program itself), but he tought me ways to get around the problems in exactly 1.5hrs. It took me ( days to get help, but fixed in 1.5 hrs.
I pay good money for the program and its support, and I would say i have lost 5 full days work this week as I tried and read everything I could find to get my busness sending invoices.

But don't worry people out there . Nothing will change. Do you think MYOB care that 1 person is annoyed with them? I think not.

A disgrace.

They now want me to accept this as a solution on this page, but I will not be pressing that button. It is not a solution when you have not fixed a problem but found a way around the problem.

WLN
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did you ever get an answer to this, as it has happened to me today. I havce restarted about 5 times, and I still can't email invoices out.

WLN
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did you get an answer to this issue, as I am having it now and can't fix it.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post